Drinking Tears of Redmen | Syracusefan.com

Drinking Tears of Redmen

Amazing that they think Syracuse is the only ACC school that wants to come to MSG. I didn't realize we had that much control of our new conference.

It all comes down to consistent program success and St. John's will not be NYC's "team" until they earn it.

Amazing that they think Syracuse is the only ACC school that wants to come to MSG. I didn't realize we had that much control of our new conference.

As TexanMark said, them railing on only Syracuse about this confirms that even their minds, Syracuse is NYC's team.

Also, what is with the made up story that JB's flight was late and it caused changes to the events they had planned. I didn't see any pictures that didn't include Jimmy. I didn't notice Roy Williams in any pictures, but the JB rumor they are spreading appears totally made up to me.

I can only believe that the SJU fans over there saying, with a straight face, that SJU is NYC's team are the old school BE guys that were around for Mullin, Berry, etc. St. john's hasn't been NYC's team for almost 20 years. They have been a victim of their own mediocrity over that time. They can't keep players there, they can't keep the players who are there on the court, etc.

As a kid who came of age during the REAL BE (first decade), Next to my Orange blood, I have always respected the Johnnies. I still root for them when they arent playing us. They were my adopted 2nd team back then...because they hated GTown as much as we did.

I think the facts speak for themselves on this one, though. Syracuse sells out MSG. SJU doesn't even have more fans than Syracuse when they play each other at MSG. That speaks louder than words.

As TexanMark said, them railing on only Syracuse about this confirms that even their minds, Syracuse is NYC's team.

Also, what is with the made up story that JB's flight was late and it caused changes to the events they had planned. I didn't see any pictures that didn't include Jimmy. I didn't notice Roy Williams in any pictures, but the JB rumor they are spreading appears totally made up to me.
Not sure about JBs flight, but the starting time of the event was held up about 30 minutes.

I can only believe that the SJU fans over there saying, with a straight face, that SJU is NYC's team are the old school BE guys that were around for Mullin, Berry, etc. St. john's hasn't been NYC's team for almost 20 years. They have been a victim of their own mediocrity over that time. They can't keep players there, they can't keep the players who are there on the court, etc.

As a kid who came of age during the REAL BE (first decade), Next to my Orange blood, I have always respected the Johnnies. I still root for them when they arent playing us. They were my adopted 2nd team back then...because they hated GTown as much as we did.

I think the facts speak for themselves on this one, though. Syracuse sells out MSG. SJU doesn't even have more fans than Syracuse when they play each other at MSG. That speaks louder than words.

The school's demographic radically changed. And Mike Jarvis, etc set them back even that much more. Too many hurdles there now.

What a clueless thread

From a clueless fan base. They still don't get it that they can play in NYC and have some of their bigger games moved to MSG, but still not be NYC's college basketball team.

Move Syracuse or Duke to Queens and every single one of their games would be at MSG, not just the most popular ones.

Cheers,
Neil

images

First BC, now St Johns.

Providence? Seton Hall? Want to take a crack at it?

I think the best part is we still play them, so we get to kick their ass, take their arena and their our city over, and eventually take their tournament. Providence/Hall/Marquette/whoever griping would be less entertaining.

Isn't this the same fanbase that vehemently lamented the last time we played them and took over their arena. They admitted more SU fans than BC fans at the game. If they were New York City's team, that would never had happened. Never.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom