Class of 2014 - DT Armon Watts (MO) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DT Armon Watts (MO) Offered

CuseLegacy, do you get all this info just from following all of our recruiting guys on twitter? Or is there some other website you find out about it on immediately?

CuseLegacy, do you get all this info just from following all of our recruiting guys on twitter? Or is there some other website you find out about it on immediately?
If you have a Twitter account just follow Syracuserecruiting or search the hash tags and when they say just got an offer from #cuse it will show every person that put it in

nice find...just look at how he slips off the blockers, great vision.

first DT that I have liked in a while, natural instincts for sure

what's his size?

nice find...just look at how he slips off the blockers, great vision.

first DT that I have liked in a while, natural instincts for sure

what's his size?

Per R***** 6'5 274

I'm also wondering if we're going to the 3-4 and just found this article about our DC which says he was/is a staunch 4-3 guy. But maybe he is open to change.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5933005

From the article:

Neuheisel said he was concerned over Bullough's lack of experience. He said he's looking for someone a little more versatile than Bullough, who steadfastly ran a 4-3 scheme.

"I just felt like we needed to have a couple of schemes that would help make us more consistent," Neuheisel said. "He's a 4-3 guy and believes in the 4-3.

I'm also wondering if we're going to the 3-4 and just found this article about our DC which says he was/is a staunch 4-3 guy. But maybe he is open to change.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5933005

From the article:

Neuheisel said he was concerned over Bullough's lack of experience. He said he's looking for someone a little more versatile than Bullough, who steadfastly ran a 4-3 scheme.

"I just felt like we needed to have a couple of schemes that would help make us more consistent," Neuheisel said. "He's a 4-3 guy and believes in the 4-3.
The Bruin defense doesn't inspire a lot of confidence about Bullough and Lea, does it?

I think we want the ability to run both defenses based on matchups and who we're playing. In today's game one weekend you're playing against a spread and the next weekend you're playing against a power I. The defensive philosophy and personnel needs to be flexible. I don't believe we're going to make a wholesale switch though.

I think we want the ability to run both defenses based on matchups and who we're playing. In today's game one weekend you're playing against a spread and the next weekend you're playing against a power I. The defensive philosophy and personnel needs to be flexible. I don't believe we're going to make a wholesale switch though.

I liken it more to college teams wanting the flexibility that the pros have. Playing multiple fronts all game long based on situations. I liken it to defenses like the Colts, Ravens and Jets where they have a primary front, and yet vary everything all game long depending upon situations, opposing personnel and the like.

If we can keep the constant influx of personnel able to play both, it would make us a much more difficult defense to beat.

Sounds like a potential DE, especially if we go to a 3-4 as some are suggesting.

is this confirmed? i've always thought Shafer brought Bullough in because they shared the same philosophies and after what Shafer went through at Michigan being forced to switch his defense I can't see him ever getting away from the 4-3.

I think we'll mix in some three fronts, we have under Shafer in the past, but I don't see our base D moving away from the 4-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Said he's deciding at the end of his football season. Top 4 is Tennessee, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Syracuse. All of them will get official visits, only school not to offer yet is Tennesse

he did. he was there for a camp when he received an offer.

I'm sure it helped that Arkansas is a neighboring state and about a 5-hour drive away. Just saying...

No doubt Smith had an "in" here but it wasn't enough to get him up here.