Class of 2017 - DT Chris Elmore (IL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DT Chris Elmore (IL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

So is this like the only kid who didn't get offered by fleck to join him at Minny?
We don't know that Fleck didn't offer him. Only that he didn't flip top them.

We don't know that Fleck didn't offer him. Only that he didn't flip top them.

I assume he didn't because he didn't tweet it like he did the Syracuse offer

Elmore and Schmitz are two of eight Illinois seniors who committed to Western Michigan to play for Fleck, the charismatic 36-year-old Kaneland and Northern Illinois graduate who was introduced as Minnesota's coach Friday.

By the end of the day three of those eight, including Schmitz, announced they would follow Fleck to Minnesota.

Elmore, along with Bishop McNamara offensive tackle Dylan Deatherage and Rockford East receiver Marcus Hayes, reopened their recruitment. Within hours, Elmore had an offer from Syracuse, as well as an invitation for an official visit to Minnesota.

While Elmore may end up in Minneapolis, three former Broncos recruits from Illinois wasted no time announcing their intentions to follow Fleck. Schmitz, Bishop McNamara receiver Chris Bell and Rockford Boylan defensive tackle Noah Hickcox all flipped, as did three Western Michigan recruits from other states.

"I was kind of surprised that happened so fast," Elmore said. "I was like, 'Wow, OK.' A lot of guys said they were staying with Western no matter what, but I guess that was just talk."

---
"Coach Fleck has so much energy; we all wanted to be around a guy like that," the 6-foot-1, 275-pound Elmore said. "He was an undersized guy who overachieved, and he likes guys like that, who might be considered too small for Big Five ball but can still play at that level. That's the kind of players he attracts."

P.J. Fleck taking local Western Michigan recruits with him to Minnesota

Last edited:
"Coach Fleck has so much energy; we all wanted to be around a guy like that," the 6-foot-1, 275-pound Elmore said. "He was an undersized guy who overachieved, and he likes guys like that, who might be considered too small for Big Five ball but can still play at that level. That's the kind of players he attracts."

Looks like thats his recruiting pitch

Looks like thats his recruiting pitch
Well that was his pitch while recruiting for Western Michigan. Now that he is recruiting for Minnesota that may change a little bit.

Fleck is starting to clean house. Two kids from the Minnie 2017 class have decommitted and now one player transferring.

is this a dead period? and if so how is Fleck is getting all these flips and setting up officials if the kids never been there?

is this a dead period? and if so how is Fleck is getting all these flips and setting up officials if the kids never been there?

November 27, 2016, through January 28, 2017 Contact Period

It is a contact period but we are also in the Dead period until 1/12. Coaches can contact kids and set up visits but no visits to campus until after tomorrow.

Well that was his pitch while recruiting for Western Michigan. Now that he is recruiting for Minnesota that may change a little bit.

"At Minny, you can have all of the lute fish you want son"

220px-Norway-Lutefisk-01.jpg

I wonder with Daoust now on Lesters' staff as co-DC at WMU will they go back after Elmore. Just musing as Lester and Daoust are following him.

UCONN? who would want to play for Edsall? Honestly, total D BAG
Mike Greenberg is killing Edsall on Mike and Mike this morning. Asking the larger question about what "commitments" really mean, but asking how Edsall can sleep at night after pulling a kid's scholarship so close to signing day, especially after calling him previously and ensuring the kid that he has a scholarship at UConn, even after the coaching change.

Mike Greenberg is killing Edsall on Mike and Mike this morning. Asking the larger question about what "commitments" really mean, but asking how Edsall can sleep at night after pulling a kid's scholarship so close to signing day, especially after calling him previously and ensuring the kid that he has a scholarship at UConn, even after the coaching change.

Mike Greenburg is a complete idiot when it comes to college football. He's un-listenable on the subject.

What Edsall did is a dik move but Fleck did it to and every other new coach has done it. If Greenburg would actually take 5 minutes to look it up he'd know that. And I do have my reservations that the kids version of the story is 100% accurate. There's always two sides.

Mike Greenburg is a complete idiot when it comes to college football. He's un-listenable on the subject.

What Edsall did is a dik move but Fleck did it to and every other new coach has done it. If Greenburg would actually take 5 minutes to look it up he'd know that. And I do have my reservations that the kids version of the story is 100% accurate. There's always two sides.
I agree on all counts. I should add that Greenberg did mention that every school has probably done this over the last 5 years. His issue wasn't as much specifically on Edsall, although it is amusing that it mentioned him often, it was regarding the whole idea of a "commitment" by both the school and player, because there is no commitment at all on either parts. The thing I take issue with, if true, is that Edsall called the kid in early January and assured him his spot was safe, only to call him a couple weeks later and tell him there was no room for him. That is a bigger dik move than the standard dik move that most coaches do, where they just stop calling the kid and his coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom