Class of 2019 - DT Joe Rondi (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Joe Rondi (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Wonderful news! This has been my thinking regarding Dino and what it takes to go to the next level (Consistent 9+ wins) and that is a D-Line, especially from the DT position, that can penetrate without blitzes and raise heck in the backfield.

Welcome to the Hill Joe!

Last edited:
Wayne Hills is a public powerhouse in NJ. Alma mater of TE Greg Olson (and his two brothers). Not far from parochial powers Bergen Catholic, St. Joe’s Montvale and Don Bosco. Good area to get press.

I know he can put on weight, but 250 is pretty light for a DT. I know a lot of you are good at this: Does he have the type of frame where he can put on good weight and stick in the interior?

I know he can put on weight, but 250 is pretty light for a DT. I know a lot of you are good at this: Does he have the type of frame where he can put on good weight and stick in the interior?
Slayton came in at 260. Servais and Heckel came in at 260. McKinley Williams came in at 245. Ruff came in at 240. He's got the frame and will be fine.

Well he's currently 261 as a soon to be senior. I think he'll be okay

Looking at his film, I think Doug Marrone would have loved him. Big, tough, physical player who likes contact and hard hitting. Should be well suited to moving inside at the college level. Personally, I think we haven't recruited enough tough, physical kids in recent years. It was part of our identity for a long time and it an area where we can beat many of the Southern teams on our schedule. This is how BC has sometimes been competitive in the ACC.

Welcome to Syracuse Joe.

Looking at his film, I think Doug Marrone would have loved him. Big, tough, physical player who likes contact and hard hitting. Should be well suited to moving inside at the college level. Personally, I think we haven't recruited enough tough, physical kids in recent years. It was part of our identity for a long time and it an area where we can beat many of the Southern teams on our schedule. This is how BC has sometimes been competitive in the ACC.

Welcome to Syracuse Joe.
Very possibly. All I know is I trust the coaches evaluation at DT after what they found in McKinley Williams

NBA fans will recognize that the nickname Joe "Orange" Rondi is perfect for him on multiple levels.

It's common? Boo.

Then all the more reason to get rid of it and do something different.

Okay. I'm done ranting about this

Just happy to have our next commitment
Those uniforms, tho!

Nothing like a heartfelt sign from within to tell you what school to commit to. And from Rutgers backyard. Hell yeah.

Dear Joe,

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682--steven-spielberg-movies-original-memes.jpg

I'd be surprised if he committed to lowly Rutgirls. Wayne, NJ is an affluent area near the NY State border. He probably knows lots of fellow students going to SU or planning to go. Cuse should be able to go into NNJ and compete with anyone.

I'd be surprised if he committed to lowly Rutgirls. Wayne, NJ is an affluent area near the NY State border. He probably knows lots of fellow students going to SU or planning to go. Cuse should be able to go into NNJ and compete with anyone.
There are already several players at Rutgers and one committed from Wayne Hills. 3 brothers and one other.