Class of 2019 - DT Joe Rondi (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Joe Rondi (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

There are already several players at Rutgers and one committed from Wayne Hills. 3 brothers and one other.

Lynch...hate to be that guy...but I'm not sure what you wrote?

I looked at the roster and I think you mean there are several players at Rutgers from the Wayne area?

I can't comment on that...not sure we recruited any of them. What I'm saying is that part of NNJ is pretty affluent and a private school like SU would have great appeal. NNJ sends a lot of students to SU.

Last edited:
Lynch...hate to be that guy...but I'm not sure what you wrote?

I looked at the roster and I think you mean there are several players at Rutgers from the Wayne area?

I can't comment on that...not sure we recruited any of them. What I'm saying is that part of NNJ is pretty affluent and a private school like SU would have great appeal. NNJ sends a lot of students to SU.
Rutgers has 3 former players from Wayne Hills HS, one just a verbal in the class of 2019, but all are walk on types with no P5 offers. The little I have seen of their recruiting is scary. I wonder if the fan base has any concerns?

I hope Joe is the guy in the middle or nip slip on the left. The other guys look small.
The kid in the Rutgers hoodie looks like a Rutgers kid. Is he one of the kids from Wayne Hills RU took that no one P5 program wanted?

I just happened to be looking at an old NCS vs SU program and saw Chubb being 6'4" and 275 as a junior and he did ok . McKinley Williams was 253lb as a true freshman so as you said, no worries.
Yeah, I was intrigued by this so I looked up our DT measurables on "That Recruiting Site" and Cuse.com.

Slayton: 260 -> 309 (+49)
Williams: 245 -> 295 (+50)
Ruff: 240 -> 296 (+56)
Rondi: 250 -> ....? 300ish

636398953493259378-090117-WayneHills-06.jpg

Joe Rondi and Kyle Minogue of Wayne Hills knocks the ball from Alijah Curtis causing a fumble in the first half. (Photo: Chris Pedota/NorthJersey.com)

Rondi is tagged as the 29th best recruit in his class this season and projects as a defensive lineman at the next level. As a junior, Rondi posted 59 tackles, six for loss and recovered a pair of fumbles. He has committed to Syracuse.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/s...top-college-nj-recruits-watch-2018/935083002/

A few nuggets on this kid:

He is a legit 6'4", possibly 6'5"-6'6" with a frame that Edinger will morph into a freak of strength.

Has a wicked nasty streak, hard to tell in some of his videos, but anyone down there will tell you.

Coaching staff is stoked about him. Likely will be schools trying to flip him in the coming weeks. They're confident he's Orange though.

Projects as a DE or a 3-technique (Josh Black's role). Once they get him here, lateral quickness and burst will determine that. Could bulk up enough to play NT in Slayton's role.

Big-time recruit who projects well for Cuse here.

He is a legit 6'4", possibly 6'5"-6'6" with a frame that Edinger will morph into a freak of strength.

Has a wicked nasty streak, hard to tell in some of his videos, but anyone down there will tell you.

Coaching staff is stoked about him. Likely will be schools trying to flip him in the coming weeks. They're confident he's Orange though.

Projects as a DE or a 3-technique (Josh Black's role). Once they get him here, lateral quickness and burst will determine that. Could bulk up enough to play NT in Slayton's role.

Can confirm he is every bit 6'5"

Thanks for the summary, Rocco -- I've heard him compared to Christian Ferarra in terms of his strength / motor / ability. If so, sign me up.

Thanks for the summary, Rocco -- I've heard him compared to Christian Ferarra in terms of his strength / motor / ability. If so, sign me up.

Our secret ingredient for developing the physicality of players is Sean Edinger. The guy is a whiz when it comes to getting these kids ready to play in this system. It cannot be stated enough.

syracuse-assistant-athletics-directorathletic-performance-sean-a-picture-id1065471640

Lateral quicks and the fact he is a getting reps both inside and out at his size is enough to raise an eyebrow. He gets across the interior linemens face from a 5 tech several times in his highlight tape. That's impressive. Makes alot of plays coming off the punch and running across the line, shoulders turned and hands out in front...big kid who can move.