Class of 2019 - DT Joe Rondi (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Joe Rondi (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Our secret ingredient for developing the physicality of players is Sean Edinger. The guy is a whiz when it comes to getting these kids ready to play in this system. It cannot be stated enough.

syracuse-assistant-athletics-directorathletic-performance-sean-a-picture-id1065471640
When does Sean start sending work out routines, targets, etc... for incoming recruits? When they officially sign? Gotta believe he starts messaging not long after NLI is faxed in or sooner if there is confidence around the commitment.

A few nuggets on this kid:

He is a legit 6'4", possibly 6'5"-6'6" with a frame that Edinger will morph into a freak of strength.

Has a wicked nasty streak, hard to tell in some of his videos, but anyone down there will tell you.

Coaching staff is stoked about him. Likely will be schools trying to flip him in the coming weeks. They're confident he's Orange though.

Projects as a DE or a 3-technique (Josh Black's role). Once they get him here, lateral quickness and burst will determine that. Could bulk up enough to play NT in Slayton's role.

Big-time recruit who projects well for Cuse here.
Good stuff Rocco

Lateral quicks and the fact he is a getting reps both inside and out at his size is enough to raise an eyebrow. He gets across the interior linemens face from a 5 tech several times in his highlight tape. That's impressive. Makes alot of plays coming off the punch and running across the line, shoulders turned and hands out in front...big kid who can move.
agree

Post 220 – HS Football – Wayne Hills 35 Phillipsburg 21

"Summary: It was too much Njoku and Hayek, with Njoku catching three touchdown passes and Hayek having a big night running and receiving. Sharkey had a good night, throwing three touchdown passes. Defensively, Joe Rondi and Bence Polgar had big nights putting heat on the passer, while Dellechiaie had two big plays that may have changed the game: his interception in the end zone and his blocked punt."

Post 220 – HS Football – Wayne Hills 35 Phillipsburg 21

"Summary: It was too much Njoku and Hayek, with Njoku catching three touchdown passes and Hayek having a big night running and receiving. Sharkey had a good night, throwing three touchdown passes. Defensively, Joe Rondi and Bence Polgar had big nights putting heat on the passer, while Dellechiaie had two big plays that may have changed the game: his interception in the end zone and his blocked punt."

I didn’t realize Rondi and Njoku are teammates

So he got recognized as an OL? He's definitely a DT for us, right? Could that change depending how the rest of the recruiting season goes?

he mentioned in an interview once that we recruited him as an OL. we'll see.

he mentioned in an interview once that we recruited him as an OL. we'll see.
Based on needs and the fact that we just took the commit of a third o-lineman, that wouldn't make a ton of sense. But I'm just a guy on a message board.

Based on needs and the fact that we just took the commit of a third o-lineman, that wouldn't make a ton of sense. But I'm just a guy on a message board.

agreed. i'm just repeating what he said in an interview. I'll dig around for it.

Man wish they did it like last year with the alumni introducing the signed class