DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury

Yes, DT [and RB, which is a pretty odd / amazing combo].
Sounds like the classic "put the ball in the hands of your best athlete" decision.

Might as well cancel all preseason scrimmages until further notice. Light contact worked well for Gerg.

On the other hand, in a bizarre sense, it's exciting to know that we're getting upset over injuries in preseason. It means we actually care again!
Haha!! Nothing worked for, Gerg! That's hysterical.

Hardly a medical diagnosis, but some info:

What is a walking boot?
A walking boot is a type of medical shoe used to protect the foot and ankle after an injury or surgery. The boot can be used for broken bones, tendon injuries, severe sprains, or shin splints. A walking boot helps keep the foot stable so it can heal. It can keep your weight off an area, such as your toe, as it heals.

Sounds like it could be for a variety of things.

One more D-line injury and Dino may have to dust off the ole' 2-2-7 alignment. Would be fantastic vs the pass.

if it was serious enough to be real long term why would he be at practice at all with a boot/wheel device?
Any JUCOs or last minute 2019 H.S.ers still out there? Seems like there are 2-3 schoolers still available. Did Pickard’s status open up another?

if it was serious enough to be real long term why would he be at practice at all with a boot/wheel device?
Where else is he going to be. The football team and coaches are his family (La Familia) and support system. Not to mention its where the doctors and trainers are assisting in his diagnosis and care.

We’re in a better position than people think. While we don’t have a lot of proven depth, we have depth. An upperclassman will step up or a freshman or redshirt freshman will step up.

The fact is, D-Line was good enough over the past 2 years that young guys haven’t gotten a real chance to play. Now they’ll get that chance.
Who are you referring to. Caleb has not practiced in 5 months due to illness. Our undersized players are still undersized for DT, we are not talking ends here. The only two that apply are Grovs and Harper and its pretty easy to see Harper is just out of shape and not up to the task. Here's hoping Grovs can help in the 3 man rotation vs Liberty and Md. and Williams can get back to top shape by Clemson.

Agreed. Also think Tuazama has the potential to be the next Alton Robinson or better. Kid is a freak and built stronger than Alton. Wouldn’t surprise me if he cracks the rotation this year and that’s saying something.
Not as a 250lb ACC DT as a Freshman.

Who are you referring to. Caleb has not practiced in 5 months due to illness. Our undersized players are still undersized for DT, we are not talking ends here. The only two that apply are Grovs and Harper and its pretty easy to see Harper is just out of shape and not up to the task. Here's hoping Grovs can help in the 3 man rotation vs Liberty and Md. and Williams can get back to top shape by Clemson.

How do you know Harper is "out of shape and not up to the task"? He's listed as 6' 2" & 300 lb. Looks like at DT to me.

Where else is he going to be. The football team and coaches are his family (La Familia) and support system. Not to mention its where the doctors and trainers are assisting in his diagnosis and care.

If it were more serious, i.e a broken fibula, he would have already had surgery. Sounds like the dreaded high ankle sprain to me.

He practiced Tuesday and there was no mention of him not being there yesterday. So if he’s in a boot today and at practice watching I have to believe there wasn’t any surgery, at least not yet.

They might be using the boot pre surgery:(

How do you know Harper is "out of shape and not up to the task"? He's listed as 6' 2" & 300 lb. Looks like at DT to me.
Just my opinion of watching all the videos. Just doesn't move well and looks out of shape. Hope I'm wrong.

If it were more serious, i.e a broken fibula, he would have already had surgery. Sounds like the dreaded high ankle sprain to me.
Hope you're right about broken bones. But family rarely travels 1000 miles for a sprained ankle.

-
Hope you're right about broken bones. But family rarely travels 1000 miles for a sprained ankle.
-

I suspect they wouldn't travel for a broken fibula either. It's not really a big deal - day surgery (I broke mine and have a plate holding it together). However it does take 6 to 8 weeks to recover.

Not as a 250lb ACC DT as a Freshman.
I’m aware, I think he’ll be in the rotation or pretty damn near at DE. If I had to predict, current DTs on the roster for next year and future it would be Caleb (if he gets healthy), Dawson, Harper, Black, Rondi, Munoz and Lemieux. It’ll be interesting to see if they move Morton inside eventually. I think if Caleb gets healthy he can be a stud, and once Munoz and Dawson grow into their frames I think they’ll be real good players too.

-

I suspect they wouldn't travel for a broken fibula either. It's not really a big deal - day surgery (I broke mine and have a plate holding it together). However it does take 6 to 8 weeks to recover.
Huh? Broken bone, surgery, only 8 weeks? for a D1 DT? Sounds way too soon. Any family will come to visit to help. They are here.

I’m aware, I think he’ll be in the rotation or pretty damn near at DE. If I had to predict, current DTs on the roster for next year and future it would be Caleb (if he gets healthy), Dawson, Harper, Black, Rondi, Munoz and Lemieux. It’ll be interesting to see if they move Morton inside eventually. I think if Caleb gets healthy he can be a stud, and once Munoz and Dawson grow into their frames I think they’ll be real good players too.
I think he's going to be a good player but at DT not DE. We already have 5-6 DE ahead of him and with so much depth he'll RS and not play at all this year. No need to rotate him in at DE to blow a RS year for a few plays.

He practiced Tuesday and there was no mention of him not being there yesterday. So if he’s in a boot today and at practice watching I have to believe there wasn’t any surgery, at least not yet.
He was absent, yesterday. Happened Tuesday. Guessing the gal next to him is his mother.

Also, I wonder if they are using the term indefinite, should it come to a medical RS.

Last edited:
Huh? Broken bone, surgery, only 8 weeks? for a D1 DT? Sounds way too soon. Any family will come to visit to help. They are her

I remember an NFL LB coming back in 4 weeks from fibula surgery, but that's the NFL... with all their magic...

He was absent, yesterday. Happened Tuesday. Guessing the gal next to him is his mother.

Also, I wonder if they are using the term indefinite, should it come to a medical RS.

Media must have missed he was absent yesterday.

Whatever it is, I just wish young Mr. Williams a full recovery and that someone(s) step up and fill the void. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom