Class of 2016 - DT Michael Dwumfour PSU Decommit/Verbal to Michigan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Michael Dwumfour PSU Decommit/Verbal to Michigan

yeah with bench warmers none of which would have improved our team.

Oh yeah wait we brought in an OL transfer from Florida that started 8 games this season > than rutgirls entire transfer portal.

How many players did Rutgers LOSE to the portal??

They are still net-negative in regards to "pounding the portal" -
it has pounded them a lot harder.

How many players did Rutgers LOSE to the portal??

They are still net-negative in regards to "pounding the portal" -
it has pounded them a lot harder.

They lost one player of consequence(Blackshear) and brought in 4-5 potential starters. Not even close to a net negative and in fact a huge net positive for them...

They lost one player of consequence(Blackshear) and brought in 4-5 potential starters. Not even close to a net negative and in fact a huge net positive for them...
According to 247, they have lost 13 players and brought in 6. It is easy to try and minimize the impact of all of the players who have decided to leave, given so few of them are legitimate P5 level players, but losing 13 players is a disaster even for the worst program in the country.

But I again have to question your knowledge of football and ability to process information objectively.
One of their former players is going to Pitt, one is going to Nebraska and one to Ohio State. You seriously don’t consider them to be players of consequence?

According to 247, they have lost 13 players and brought in 6. It is easy to try and minimize the impact of all of the players who have decided to leave, given so few of them are legitimate P5 level players, but losing 13 players is a disaster even for the worst program in the country.

But I again have to question your knowledge of football and ability to process information objectively.
One of their former players is going to Pitt, one is going to Nebraska and one to Ohio State. You seriously don’t consider them to be players of consequence?

You've got the wrong year, Tom.

2020 College Football Transfer Portal

You've got the wrong year, Tom.

2020 College Football Transfer Portal
Sorry, my bad.

For 2020, things are much better. Only 11 players leaving, 6 coming in. And none of the players leaving are going to P5 schools except as NJ says, Blackshear. So the quality of recruits leaving Rutgers is not as good, and the quantity has gone done a bit, though we will surely have more people leaving (and coming in) between now and September.

It will be interesting to see how the new staff ones retaining this questionable talent. I believe UConn has the gold standard of defections in one season with 20. That number again might grow between now and the end of summer.

As pointed out you are a year behind. Rutgers lost one player that matters and wound up freeing up a lot of dead space. Please tell me who else was a player of consequence other then Blackshear. They have brought in two Ohio St, one Wisconsin, one Michigan, and one Baylor transfers that will all probably start.

Frankly I question your “football knowledge” Just like when you questioned Anthony Campiniles “coaching acumen” and proved to be dead wrong as the NFL came calling for
his coaching abilities...

I’ll say it again, Rutgers will have a top 40 recruiting class next year. Also thought Syracuse should win next years game easily but starting to look like Rutgers might rebuild a little quicker. Will still take some time but impressed with what Schiano has done in a month on the job...

Frankly I question your “football knowledge” Just like when you questioned Anthony Campiniles “coaching acumen” and proved to be dead wrong as the NFL came calling for
1579488723472.gif

You know not of which you speak.

I’ll say it again, Rutgers will have a top 40 recruiting class next year. Also thought Syracuse should win next years game easily but starting to look like Rutgers might rebuild a little quicker. Will still take some time but impressed with what Schiano has done in a month on the job...
You'd have better luck selling selling raincoats in the desert than you will getting us to care what you think.

As pointed out you are a year behind. Rutgers lost one player that matters and wound up freeing up a lot of dead space. Please tell me who else was a player of consequence other then Blackshear. They have brought in two Ohio St, one Wisconsin, one Michigan, and one Baylor transfers that will all probably start.

rutgers should always be in the 40's they have talent in the state. They always get 5-10 over rated 3 stars from the state that want to play Big Ten ball. I imagine the schiano buzz will land a few top 15 NJ players. They will still have tough battles with Indiana and Maryland on the field.

Last edited:

Those players couldn’t start on their squads. Is Rutgers that sad they need the backups on those squads to be major improvements?

i bet rutgers has a nice recruiting class next year, gets beat down in the season, and then their recruiting slowly falls back to where it was. And everything returns to normal.

Did you get lost? There is a thread on the football forum dedicated to the glory of Rutgers and the preferred spot for all your posts.

The ACC schools had a meeting with one rep from each school to discuss your thoughts. We elected the Miami alum to be our spokesman on this matter.