Duke at Louisvile | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Duke at Louisvile

Damn the ACC is a good league. Shame on the disloyal 'fans' on here for giving hte team so much garbage despite winning @ Duke and being 8-3 in league play if you read this board you'd think we suck.

I don’t think it’s the 8-3 record anyone has a problem with.

We lost to Old Dominion AND Buffalo at home, and lost to a crappy UConn team.

2 OOC losses instead of 4, and we’re talking about what we need to do to get a protected seed.

when there is nothing between the ears hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. rolled over hahahahahahahahaha. 59-36 with 7:36 to play and you lose......hahhahahahahahahahahahaha

EC1A4372-2CD6-474D-8632-C59B911C4FD1.jpeg

Louisvile might be in trouble vs Clemson. Not sure how you get back up from that

That almost happened to us vs. Boston College. We almost did it to Florida state but there was too much time left. We didn't catch them and they responded with a run of their own. That's college basketball...

What an entertaining and interesting game. Up into the collapse, thought Louisville took a great page out of our victory playbook by pushing the pace constantly. The fact Duke went ice cold from downtown allowed them to blow it open. Then they suddenly transformed into a scared high school team who you literally could not trust to bring it up in court or make a basket. Part of it was they blew too many timeouts early. They only had one to use in the last 5-7 minutes and sure Mack wished he could have used more.

What an entertaining and interesting game. Up into the collapse, thought Louisville took a great page out of our victory playbook by pushing the pace constantly. The fact Duke went ice cold from downtown allowed them to blow it open. Then they suddenly transformed into a scared high school team who you literally could not trust to bring it up in court or make a basket. Part of it was they blew too many timeouts early. They only had one to use in the last 5-7 minutes and sure Mack wished he could have used more.
didn't see the game ...but sounds like they packed it in and tried to run out the clock...and it took all of L'villee' confidence away in the process. I HATE the run out the clock strategy - JB uses it A LOT too...and often the margin of victory suffers as a result even though it rarely costs SU victories - still, in this era of NET rankings margin of victory matters and every possession matters - so running out the clock and playing passive is even worse than it used to be - when I watch SU do it - I see the team lose its confidence and effectiveness oftentimes - playing keepaway and running out clock is too passive and has a bad impact psychologically on a lot of players, imo - without confidence, they become shells of themselves and somehow playing to run out clock does that often.

I don’t think it’s the 8-3 record anyone has a problem with.

We lost to Old Dominion AND Buffalo at home, and lost to a crappy UConn team.

2 OOC losses instead of 4, and we’re talking about what we need to do to get a protected seed.
Nationally ranked Buffalo and ODU are both first place in their conferences and looking like good bets for NCAA tourney...they might not have the names - and SU could have beaten both teams - but they aren't "bad losses" at all imo - even the Uconn game is a rivalry game and isn't so bad in my eyes (sure it shouldve been a win)

but when I look at who SU has beaten and who they've lost to - I don't see a difference with a lot of teams supposedly ranked higher than SU - some of the teams ranked above SU have double digit losses without a marquee win like @ Duke - makes zero sense to me to hold those few losses so heavily against this squad like most seem to be doing...

didn't see the game ...but sounds like they packed it in and tried to run out the clock...and it took all of L'villee' confidence away in the process. I HATE the run out the clock strategy - JB uses it A LOT too...and often the margin of victory suffers as a result even though it rarely costs SU victories - still, in this era of NET rankings margin of victory matters and every possession matters - so running out the clock and playing passive is even worse than it used to be - when I watch SU do it - I see the team lose its confidence and effectiveness oftentimes - playing keepaway and running out clock is too passive and has a bad impact psychologically on a lot of players, imo - without confidence, they become shells of themselves and somehow playing to run out clock does that often.

Nice try but that is not what happened to Louisville

Nationally ranked Buffalo and ODU are both first place in their conferences and looking like good bets for NCAA tourney...they might not have the names - and SU could have beaten both teams - but they aren't "bad losses" at all imo - even the Uconn game is a rivalry game and isn't so bad in my eyes (sure it shouldve been a win)

but when I look at who SU has beaten and who they've lost to - I don't see a difference with a lot of teams supposedly ranked higher than SU - some of the teams ranked above SU have double digit losses without a marquee win like @ Duke - makes zero sense to me to hold those few losses so heavily against this squad like most seem to be doing...

Old Dominion is first place in a bad conference. Basically they are the best of bad teams - 83 in NET. It's a bad loss. UConn is 80. Rivalry or not is irrelevant - it's a bad loss.

No, it was actually the opposite here. They kept playing fast for a few possessions, got sloppy, and Duke quickly got the lead back to about 15. Then they totally froze up, and could barely bring the ball past half court. If you were watching you started wondering if they could ever score again. I don't love the "stall ball" but if there was ever a time/place for it... the announcers were beating them up for it too, and they were right

Louisville would have won if they went into the stall. They did not.