Duke coming to Syracuse for women's basketball next season | Syracusefan.com

Duke coming to Syracuse for women's basketball next season

OE, what recruits do we have for softball next year?
Ron%20Baum.jpg

Sydney O' Hara from CNS. I was going to watch her sectional game tonight at Hopkins Rd but it got rained out. She is a pitcher/outfielder. Has thrown some no hitters & perfect games. Her dad tells me that she has been throwing in the mid 60's and feels with SU's S&C program she can increase to upper 60's. She is a good hitter too, last I knew she was over 600.

These are from a year ago

P Christina Clermont
San Marcos HS San Diego Ca

“She’s probably one of the top 10 pitchers for her age in the country,” said her coach, Brant Beddow, who is also Clermont’s coach on her club team, the SoCal Breakers. “Before she played a high school game last year as a freshman, she went 32-2 at age 14 playing against 17- and 18-year-olds.”

She’s mature enough that she’s already committed to Syracuse once her high school days are over. Clermont visited the school over winter break and made her choice not long after, despite the fact that the Orange’s field was covered with snow. Syracuse has a dome for practices and plays many of its early-season games on the road in warmer climates.

“They’d been looking at me since the beginning of my freshman year and made an offer last fall,” said Clermont, who adds that orange is one of her favorite colors. “I really researched the program. I didn’t know where it was or anything about it. I’m really happy with my decision.”
Clermont has veteran presence for Knights

4/14/11
San Marcos' Clermont tosses perfect game

Christina's freshman year
NCT

P Jordyn White
Freehold Township HS, Freehold NJ & The Jersey Intensity

jordon-white-140.jpg

Freehold Township has had its own pitching ace this spring in junior Jordyn White, who has a 1.30 ERAand is second in the Shore Conference with 123 strikeouts.
5/9/2012

This mistakenly says she is a senior
5/11 had 15 K's in 1-0 win over Raritan

K, K, 1-4, K, K, K, K, K, K, K, K, K.

C-Nicole Lundstrom
Dighton-Rehoboth Regional Falcons, Dighton Mass

g26c2e2000000000000437655fc7810605f1dd717f29bddd5fa3d6d3717.jpg

Nichole stroking a two run HR

Lunstrom socks 7th HR of the year
5/7/12

Nicole Lundstum homers & doubles
5/14/12

Lundstrom homer's & doubles again in win
5/24/12

Even with junior standout catcher and third-place hitter Nicole Lundstrom being pitched around and walked three times, the Falcons were still able to bang out 11 hits.
5/31/12

C Alyssa Dewes
Clarence HS Buffalo NY

Dewes’ hitting helps spark softball team

by JASON NADOLINSKI
Reporter

As the softball team’s leadoff batter, Alyssa Dewes is used to setting the tone for the Lady Red Devils. Dewes emphatically did just that in Clarence’s last two games — both of which were lopsided affairs — by belting first-pitch home runs to guide the Lady Red Devils to their sixth and seventh league conquests of the spring

Updated: April 20, 2012, 11:19 PM

Alyssa Dewes put together her second consecutive 4-for-4 game at the plate for the Clarence softball team in Friday's 5-0 win over visiting Williamsville North. On Thursday she was perfect in four trips against Orchard Park.

The junior catcher has given an early verbal to Syracuse University. "I'll tell you right now, Alyssa Dewes is an excellent player," said coach Todd Banaszak. "She got thrown out for the first time stealing in two years. She's just a real tough out, she hits with power and she's such a threat on the bases. Her mechanics and her arm — it's all right there."
BN

2011 ALL-WNY LARGE SCHOOLS Honorable Mention
GGS

Skills 2011 stats & video

At the plate, Clarence showed it was all business as well, pushing six runs across in both the second and third innings, as well as four more in the fourth, to put the game’s outcome out of reach. Sophomore catcher Alyssa Dewes, whom Banaszak called “one of the fastest players” he’s had in 20 years, led off the game with a home run to knot the game at 1-1, and finished with four hits and three runs scored. April 13, 2011
CB

Alyssa Dewes had two hits including a home run and three rbi's. Clarence will play a team from Section 5 in the Far West Regionals Tuesday at Niagara Falls.
6/3/12

Led by future Division I players Tori Nappo and Alyssa Dewes, the ECIC II champions lost just once all season and have cruised past fellow powerhouses like Niagara-Wheatfield during their Class AA postseason run.
6/1/12

Led by studs Tori Nappo (center field) and catcher Alyssa Dewes (2-for-3, 1 HR & three runs), the Red Devils (18-1) they rolled to the ECIC I title with an 11-1 record.
5/25/12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom