Duke Game Thread... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game Thread...

Hill was mediocre again, made a few nice saves but again had two stretches where he literally let in anything. Time to see what Molloy has.
Irritating how the this team just totally falls apart in crunch time. Very un-HHH like. The exact opposite. SU Athletics has had a chance at two epic weekends in a row and the damn lax team kills the buzz both times.

Irritating how the this team just totally falls apart in crunch time. Very un-HHH like. The exact opposite. SU Athletics has had a chance at two epic weekends in a row and the damn lax team kills the buzz both times.

The Women beat Notre Dame today.

What record we gotta finish rest of way to Make NCAA tourney? Someone make a guess

Based on what I've seen of this kid in mop-up duty, yes it can be worse.

Ya your probably right, will have that transfer and a frosh next year hopefully one of them can finally give SU a top end goalie for the first time sine Galloway

My standards for SU lacrosse have lowered. But I have to think that Desko needs to at least get this team back to the Final 4 by next year.

Might be time for a change if not.

Almost a carbon copy from last week's OT Hopkin's loss. Last week we get out to an early 4-0 lead, today 3-0. Up 14-10 today to start the 4th, then Duke scores 4 goals in 5 minutes. Horrible effort in the 4th quarter today. After those two quick goals in 4th, Desko should've called a TO to gather the team rather than waiting to 14-13. You could tell Duke had all the momentum. Just a brutal loss. I hope the team can shake these two back to back tough defeats off and refocus moving forward.

My standards for SU lacrosse have lowered. But I have to think that Desko needs to at least get this team back to the Final 4 by next year.

He's definitely getting himself into a tough spot based on the last two years NCAA failures. These embarrassing collapses aren't helping that's for sure.

My standards in a macro sense haven't changed ever, but for this season I agree with you. Teams that crap the bed in crunch time go nowhere.

Almost a carbon copy from last week's OT Hopkin's loss. Last week we get out to an early 4-0 lead, today 3-0. Up 14-10 today to start the 4th, then Duke scores 4 goals in 5 minutes. Horrible effort in the 4th quarter today. After those two quick goals in 4th, Desko should've called a TO to gather the team rather than waiting to 14-13. You could tell Duke had all the momentum. Just a brutal loss. I hope the team can shake these two back to back tough defeats off and refocus moving forward.
I'm not feeling it - team plays scared in the 4th. Its a trend.

The problem is the coaching staff takes to long to recognize everything and for whatever reason continues to make baffling decisions. Williams was getting worked at the X to start the 4th, instead of calling a TO after the first two goals and putting Paduda out there we let them get 4 straight before going to Paduda and 3 before we use a TO. The SSDM's are killing this team, killing. Yet we keep running the same people out there. Ciferri and 14 have been terrible. We have 20 O middies on the roster, move someone for christ sake.

He's definitely getting himself into a tough spot based on the last two years NCAA failures. These embarrassing collapses aren't helping that's for sure.
We aren't even competitive in these 4th qtrs. Fundamentals just go to hell.

I'm not feeling it - team plays scared in the 4th. Its a trend.

Its been the same, the offense can't get the ball or turns it over, Williams doesn't win draws, and Hill can't stop anything. We have seen it 4 straight games but zero adjustments by the coaching staff. Paduda should have been out there and we should have switched d's or personnel on Class. We kept letting him shoot from the same spot over and over and the staff makes zero adjustments, its embarrassing. Also yet again NO Piroli, What? If hes cleared play the kid, Evans got his one goal the game again but did nothing else.

Its been the same, the offense can't get the ball or turns it over, Williams doesn't win draws, and Hill can't stop anything. We have seen it 4 straight games but zero adjustments by the coaching staff. Paduda should have been out there and we should have switched d's or personnel on Class. We kept letting him shoot from the same spot over and over and the staff makes zero adjustments, its embarrassing. Also yet again NO Piroli, What? If hes cleared play the kid, Evans got his one goal the game again but did nothing else.
Evans lack of quickness hurts for a guy that circles the cage. His defender just recovers too quick, and it has made him gunshy to shoot even when he does have an opening.

Could it be any worse? Hill in an OT spot is a guaranteed loss.
Hill has made huge saves in OT the last 2 weeks. Hopkins scored on a cheap rebound. Today, Hill made a big save & then the D immediately left him in an impossible 1-on-1 situation.

Molloy is simply not a D1 goalie.

Last edited:
Officiating was terrible, total Duke home cooking. I love how most JHU and other fans think SU gets calls at home, we don't get half of the stuff Hopkins and Duke got the past few weeks. Multiple slashes, crosschecks, pushes, absolutely nothing called.
There were 2 un-called high cross-checks by Duke that were mirror images of the one called on Mullins.

Though not a penalty, the most baffling call to me was early on when Solomon set a pick behind cage, the Duke defender just bulldozes through it leveling Solomon, & Solomon gets called for interference.

The late "hold" on Mullins guarding Jones up top was also comical...Jones was holding his stick & Mullins even gestured as much to the ref but still recieved the penalty. Hey, veteran move by Jones, I guess.

Were the refs from the Triangle Area?

Still doesn't change the fact that SU Lacrosse has lost its mystique.

But Desko is the greatest X&O's coach going. He won 5 freaking national championships with little to no talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom