Duke game thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Duke game thread

Cooney simply sucks
He's really really bad in transition. We've been lucky with how good with how good all of our guards lately ahve been good in transition; Ennis, Triche, MCW, Scoop, Dion. Cooney and Kaleb just aren't good at all when it comes to converting.

It might be a defeatist attitude, but this is exactly the type of officiating shenanigans I dreaded seeing when we came to the ACC and knew we were going to play Duke. It's such a crock.

Does level of competition not matter? Because it should matter that he is playing against the best player in the NCAA

Missing jump hooks that he's fully capable of making regardless of who he's matched up against though. That up and under move he made was great and he missed the wide open 3 footer after it! He's playing spooked.

He's really really bad in transition. We've been lucky with how good with how good all of our guards lately ahve been good in transition; Ennis, Triche, MCW, Scoop, Dion. Cooney and Kaleb just aren't good at all when it comes to converting.
When Cooney leads the break I'm actually surprised when it ends in points.

It might be a defeatist attitude, but this is exactly the type of officiating shenanigans I dreaded seeing when we came to the ACC and knew we were going to play Duke. It's such a crock.
As a UVa fan and long time member of the Duke/UNC officials homerism, I can tell you, I feel your pain... it is unbelievable just how much favoritism is shown to these two teams...

Missed opportunity...
But Cooney looked like he might have been glanced...

Still hanging in. We get a bounce or two, or make a shot and you never know down the stretch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom