Duke game thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Duke game thread

And then we get that call.. duke has a right to be pissed.. i mean good lord

Yep...Duke had has a couple obvious one too

That last "SCRUM" on the Rak miss is the epitome of why CBB is a joke.

Rak got hit 3 times and it turns into a push/shove fest because no one is calling anything.

So the officials couldn't even see Roc getting thrown out of bounds with nobody else around right under the basket? What are they looking at?

ball game

Duke. Goddamn. so sick of our slow starts. That 7-0 duke start was the difference all half

I feel like G has had some chances to let it fly here and he's holding back.

Ditto. Twice I was shocked he didn't put up the three.

The officiating in this game is one of the worst I have seen in a very long time when you count the number of absolutely horrendous calls both ways. It's truly an amazing job they did today.

It's not the one-sided cluster**** that Villanova was...but dear god.

Xmas dude. I love ya but What man. Did you get body snatched before this game?

It was a strange performance, pretty bad to be honest, but at least we got some nice assists and blocks. Cooney hit three shots early and might as well have taken a seat in the front row after that. :(

OttoinGrotto said:
Sometimes, I get so angry that I hope a fan runs out of the stands, completely steamrolls a ref and yells "THAT'S A FOUL," and delivers a string of profanity.

I might have done that once in 1994, during 3rd sophomore year.

I was going thru a bit of a Shooter phase. Or so I was told.

It was a strange performance, pretty bad to be honest, but at least we got some nice assists and blocks. Cooney hit three shots early and might as well have taken a seat in the front row after that. :(
Orange handed the game to Dook by the way they came out in the 2nd half.

This game is within reach! Go at Okafor and get him on the bench now!

We did! The refs refused to put him on the bench. Literally. They were not going to let him go to the bench.

I watched the whole game and the officiating was bad, but it went both ways.. Duke was a little better than us today, you can't blame it on the officials. If Rak plays his usual game we win.

When refs fail to make obvious foul calls at critical times in the game you certainly can blame them. If they call Okafor for fouls, we play at least the last six minutes with him on the bench. It's a huge non-call that affects the result of the game.

Think about this. With Roc as our leader, the poster boy for getting the ref shaft. Self imposed post season ban. Every horse dung call against us (although this game, we did get a few garbage calls early). But the end today was laughable.
Every single situation and big story line this year. We are the all time We Got Shafted Team.
Have to feel bad for these kids. They give it every single bit of energy and effort and they get zero respect. Yet still they fight through the nonsense. Anyone who doesn't see that has no idea what it's like to be called a competitor, a gamer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom