Duke Game Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game Thread...

It is tough to be upset about tonight. We don't have the horses to compete with Duke this year. G is the only guard that gave us anything tonight. Roberson has been great tonight.

As encouraging as The ND game was, this is the opposite. Just totally overmatched in every way and it's been a long time since that's happened. Just seeing some of our kids look totally out of their league is not fun.

Or because duke has attacked the rim, and Syacuse got Christmas 6 shot attempts (and drew 2 fouls). How many touches did Okafor get? How many times did we doulbe and triple him only for him to throw it outside for an open 3 or just power up through us?

Dudes a monster
He's good, but I don't think he's as complete a player as seemingly every pundit proclaims... he is easily frustrated, and quits on the defensive end... is he a beast on the offensive side, yes... but I still think he gets away with foul calls and lane violations... as do most of Duke's players

It is tough to be upset about tonight. We don't have the horses to compete with Duke this year. G is the only guard that gave us anything tonight. Roberson has been great tonight.

And G is a cameron castoff.

As encouraging as The ND game was, this is the opposite. Just totally overmatched in every way and it's been a long time since that's happened. Just seeing some of our kids look totally out of their league is not fun.
We tried very hard to give the ND game away. You could argue if they hadn't shot the worst they will all season, we never would have had a chance.

It's very disappointing that Joseph and Ronnie are pretty much just as bad as they were when the year started. Worst shooting guards in SU history

Last 2 seasons, down the stretch, Cooney has been MIA

We "competed" with Duke at the Dome two weeks ago. However, when the entire team (G included) plays poorly, this is what happens.

He's good, but I don't think he's as complete a player as seemingly every pundit proclaims... he is easily frustrated, and quits on the defensive end... is he a beast on the offensive side, yes... but I still think he gets away with foul calls and lane violations... as do most of Duke's players
The next coming of Dwight Howard.

And G is a cameron castoff.

I have no doubt G can play well enough against the Devils for that statement to be considered horse----- but, given nobody else showing up he was pressing from the get go and missed a bunch of easy ones. The second Rak got out, he tried to take over, and forced it even more than he was before.

God I just want us to get to 50

Duke has 3 1st rd NBA locks and Cook is their 4th best player. Syracuse has played poorly, but Duke is a lot better team...and a lot better than ND.

Oh well atleast we got Bill Walton doing commentary on this Arizona-Utah game to look forward too. I hope Walton makes me laugh.

How nice off trevor to hit a shot when it no longer matters.

3-25 for Cooney good

They're better than us. It's just kinda simple.
We match up bad against them as well...

Okafor really had rak out of his game both games entirely and the rest of our team is not used to that at all. Makes us a entirely different team.

Shooting 29 vs 48 percent and duke at a scortching 48%

You missed the ND game four days ago?
He's 3 - 25 from 3 in the past few games, that's not showing up in any capacity.

But he did hit some key shots against the Irish no doubt

This team isn't "soft" NC State is soft. Duke may not be the toughest team out there, but they are not soft.

And again we just drop the damn ball. Simply amazing how many times we haven't gotten a clean grab on our ball.
When a team as small as duk (remember Jefferson didnt play much) kills us on the board there is a big problem

I love G but you can see why Winslow will be drafted this year and G not, Winslow finishes in open court easy, G struggles. You cant make fast break layups, nba loses interest obviously

Sweet jeezus... I'd say more, but don't want to sound like an nc state fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom