Duke Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Gameday...

I don't pretend to know much about lacrosse as it wasn't a sport I played growing up, but my former lacrosse playing BIL dragged me to the game last night and I had a great time watching us beat up on Dook. I plan on going back for UVA. It didn't take an expert to see that we controlled that game last night.

So no one answered how many Ssdm got actual legit run.
Rice, Levine, Hottle, Spallina, Trujillo…? Did I miss anyone?

Extra man has been improving going 4-7 in delaware n 2-4 today also man down d has been solid lately also.
They’ve taken Kellogg off the EMO and that has coincided with more success. They opt for Spallina, Leo, Hiltz, Thomson, Birt, Stevens now. Don’t have the Bomber from the outside, but they have crafty finishers everywhere and unselfish feeders.

So no one answered how many Ssdm got actual legit run.
Rice, Levine, Hottle, Spallina, Trujillo…? Did I miss anyone?
A little of Stevens and English as well. Odierna appears to very much like the committee approach. Certain guys I wonder about but it helps a ton with fatigue down the stretch in games.

A little of Stevens and English as well. Odierna appears to very much like the committee approach. Certain guys I wonder about but it helps a ton with fatigue down the stretch in games.
Wasnt sure if anyone else snuck in that I missed. I know Titus got late game run. But was wondering how many we threw out.
Thanks.

English and Stevens usually only play if they get caught on D after an O possession, Odierna just is slow to sub them out or let's them get a run.

wow. just saw the game this a.m. without knowing the outcome. congrats to the d, mark and odierna. and semi-long suffering cuse fans. that was a dominating defensive performance. the hoos went at least several years without a significant acc win. once that tide turned, things changed. this feels like that for syracuse. officially now in the mix for any game.

English and Stevens usually only play if they get caught on D after an O possession, Odierna just is slow to sub them out or lets them get a run.
I like the strategy. It keeps their runs minimal but gives others a break when it happens

Jeremy - did it seem like they were cheating on him to force him into his left? Seemed like it to me.
They were doubling him alot... I think it got in his head a little to the point where he hesitated to dodge shorties.

wow. just saw the game this a.m. without knowing the outcome. congrats to the d, mark and odierna. and semi-long suffering cuse fans. that was a dominating defensive performance. the hoos went at least several years without a significant acc win. once that tide turned, things changed. this feels like that for syracuse. officially now in the mix for any game.
wgdsr, while I did not expect that defensive performance, I was pretty confident in the match up. Duke has 3 great attackmen in O'Neal, Williams, and Zawada, but midfield scoring, aside from McAdorey, is inconsistent. Against UPenn and Richmond, Duke only scored 12 in each game. Their offense is very one dimensional, dodge to shoot or draw a slide and last night they could not beat their man consistently. They have no plan B. No adjustments after half time either. The race in the ACC just got more interesting.

IMG_5067.jpeg

Odierna quote in the Syracuse.com article about the game: "Being aggressive and wrong is better than being passive." Wow.
I love the quote and generally it makes a lot of sense. Virtually everybody that plays D1 lacrosse is aggressive by nature or they wouldn't be there. We all know that aggressiveness can come back to bite you particularly against strong teams, but the mindset is really important. Also, knowing that the D coach has your back means a lot.

I'm happy for Mark and he deserves the praise but Odierna is the real star IMO. Celebrating the huge win is great but I wouldn't count on limiting Duke to 4 goals again. I think Duke's O has been overrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom