Duke Guards vs Howard and Battle | Syracusefan.com

Duke Guards vs Howard and Battle

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I believe this will be the difference maker in the game. How do we match up?

I expect to win the boards.

We will get zoned primarily...we better extend on Allen and Trent a ton. Not really worried about Duval penetrating too much

Coach K while shooting the breeze with his besty JB pregame...thanks for teaching me that zone, it's a bit bittersweet today cuz I'm going to play it all game long...that guy Tucker you advised me on too in confidence, he could've really helped you guys out with your shooting woes... ;):)

I expect to see battle and Howard losing track of shooters repeatedly because JB wants to defend the post like its custers last stand.

And I expect JB to yell at chukwu for not defending the short corner 3.

I'm sure I'll regret saying this after what I said about Pinson, but the gameplan should be to get out on Allen, Trent and O'Connell when he is in while at the same time making Duval make shots.

I have zero idea what to expect tomorrow with the FBI investigation coming out. It's going to be interesting to see how these schools that are implicated handle it.

I'm sure I'll regret saying this after what I said about Pinson, but the gameplan should be to get out on Allen, Trent and O'Connell when he is in while at the same time making Duval make shots.

I have zero idea what to expect tomorrow with the FBI investigation coming out. It's going to be interesting to see how these schools that are implicated handle it.

Yeah, they can go a lot of different ways in terms of who to deploy in the midde. They have enough guys who can pass and make plays. Really concerned about defending them. Hope this game doesn’t get away from us early. Them playing zone, even a bad one, can make us look bad since we need to move the ball crisply and shoot. All the ISO crap (our strength) will be greatly nullified.

Right. Everything bad that ever happens on the court is always Boeheim’s fault.
I’m just saying we obsess over defending the post like it’s 1995. We should be putting 4 guys on the circle and have chukwu say “come at me bro”.

The good thing about this team we can beat anyone on any given night and lose to anyone at the same time. That’s pretty incredible.

The good thing about this team we can beat anyone on any given night and lose to anyone at the same time. That’s pretty incredible.
I'm not sure the evidence proving the first statement is as strong as the evidence supporting the second. I have seen nothing from this team that they arre ready to win at Duke. Hope beyond hope I am wrong.

Hope we put Marek at the FT line and let him go to work. I would say, the gameplan on D should be let whoever on their team is at the "ACC" logo make a decision. My pet peeve this year is that I Hate hate hate getting sucked in when everyone in the building knows its a decoy (minus a few notable exceptions)... I just hope we can knock down shots, because you know they are... at least eventually.

I'm not sure the evidence proving the first statement is as strong as the evidence supporting the second. I have seen nothing from this team that they arre ready to win at Duke. Hope beyond hope I am wrong.

Our season and recent history against them suggests the game will be close and we will have a shot. Add in the FBI swirling, who knows where their heads will be at. We could be looking at the last days of Coach K.

Hope we put Marek at the FT line and let him go to work. I would say, the gameplan on D should be let whoever on their team is at the "ACC" logo make a decision. My pet peeve this year is that I Hate hate hate getting sucked in when everyone in the building knows its a decoy (minus a few notable exceptions)... I just hope we can knock down shots, because you know they are... at least eventually.
Id agree but he better be able to make the decision to find Brissett/chukwu for the dunk or to turn and shoot within a split second. No deer in the headlights.

Trents going to be a problem. I hope Tyus is ready.
Has Trent missed a 3-point shot this year? Just about every Duke game I watch he rarely misses from the 3-point line. 44% overall but 45% from 3!! Allen can miss his first 10 and then hit his next 10. Tough match-up.

I expect 40 minutes of zone from Duke, as they've played it very well lately.
we respond with career highs in both points & three pointers made from ob & career high in assists from md

Coach K while shooting the breeze with his besty JB pregame...thanks for teaching me that zone, it's a bit bittersweet today cuz I'm going to play it all game long...that guy Tucker you advised me on too in confidence, he could've really helped you guys out with your shooting woes... ;):)
While he goes off for 6 threes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom