Duke is gonna get a 1 seed | Syracusefan.com

Duke is gonna get a 1 seed

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
i think they beat unc at cameron. acc regular season champs? sweeping carolina? lock 1 seed

Syracuse
Kentucky
Duke

kansas? missouri? michigan st?

i think they beat unc at cameron. acc regular season champs? sweeping carolina? lock 1 seed

Syracuse
Kentucky
Duke

Carolina will beat them.

Syracuse
Kentucky
Michigan St
Kansas

Carolina will beat them.

Syracuse
Kentucky
Michigan St
Kansas

acc champs are gonna get a 1 seed, i guarantee it. so if carolina beats them and wins the acc, theyll get the 1. basically, whoever wins that game will get a 1 (assuming neither slips up before then).

acc champs are gonna get a 1 seed, i guarantee it. so if carolina beats them and wins the acc, theyll get the 1. basically, whoever wins that game will get a 1 (assuming neither slips up before then).

Syracuse and Kentucky are locks
If Michigan State wins the Big 10 regular season and a game in the tourney they are getting a #1 seed

Missouri or Kansas if they run the table will get the 4th. ACC gets left out this year. If UNC beats Duke especially.

If Michigan State wins the Big 10 regular season and a game in the tourney they are getting a #1 seed

Missouri or Kansas if they run the table will get the 4th. ACC gets left out this year. If UNC beats Duke especially.

UNC beat michigan st, and duke beat kansas, so that could play a factor. Plus unc and duke both have 1 less loss than michigan st and kansas. The way you feel about michigan st is how i feel about duke/unc.

UNC beat michigan st, and duke beat kansas, so that could play a factor. Plus unc and duke both have 1 less loss than michigan st and kansas. The way you feel about michigan st is how i feel about duke/unc.
Hey I hate them all!

Big 10 is the best conference. The champ will get a #1 seed. UNC beat Mich State back in November. Tahat wont hold as much weight as you think.

What does "acc champs" mean - reg season or tourney? Cause they'll likely need to win both; 1 or the other won't cut it.

What does "acc champs" mean - reg season or tourney? Cause they'll likely need to win both; 1 or the other won't cut it.

regular season. if duke wins out in the regular season and wins 1 in the acc tourny theyre a 1, zero doubt in my mind. why would kansas get a 1 over duke? duke has a better record, better rpi, better sos. And oh yea, DUKE BEAT THEM!

regular season. if duke wins out in the regular season and wins 1 in the acc tourny theyre a 1, zero doubt in my mind. why would kansas get a 1 over duke? duke has a better record, better rpi, better sos. And oh yea, DUKE BEAT THEM!

The ACC is the 6th rated conference in the RPI. No way in hell that they get a 1 seed unless Kansas or Mizzou crap out.

The ACC is the 6th rated conference in the RPI. No way in hell that they get a 1 seed unless Kansas or Mizzou crap out.

so that trumps duke having a better record, rpi, and sos than kansas and beating them head to head? and kansas doesnt have a win as good as duke winning AT north carolina. if the season ended now youd give kansas a 1 over duke? I wouldnt, and i guarantee the committee wouldnt either. Come on this is duke we're talking about, now only would they get a 1, but theyd get the easiest draw.

so that trumps duke having a better record, rpi, and sos than kansas and beating them head to head? and kansas doesnt have a win as good as duke winning AT north carolina. if the season ended now youd give kansas a 1 over duke? I wouldnt, and i guarantee the committee wouldnt either. Come on this is duke we're talking about, now only would they get a 1, but theyd get the easiest draw.

If Carolina beats Duke (which I fully expect them to do) then Duke will not get a 1 seed. That was my original argument. Kansas will win the Big 12 regular season and tourney (IMO) and therefore will get a #1 seed making their loss vs Duke completely irrelevant.

enough already, you are making to much damn sense.

I would really like to know who and where the 2 seeds get shipped off to. This will be interesting come selection Sunday.

I would really like to know who and where the 2 seeds get shipped off to. This will be interesting come selection Sunday.
Well if the ACC doesn't get a one seed, you would have to think they would get a two seed in the East.

As of tonight here is what you are looking at if it ended today (#2 seeds in parenthesis)

South - Kentucky (Ohio State)
East - Syracuse (UNC)
Midwest -Michigan State (Mizzou)
West - Duke (Kansas)

Well if the ACC doesn't get a one seed, you would have to think they would get a two seed in the East.
They were talking about that tonight during the FSU game. It might shake up where somebody in gets shipped out west.

As of tonight here is what you are looking at if it ended today (#2 seeds in parenthesis)

East - Syracuse (UNC)
West - Duke (Kansas)
I think OSU ends up in Pittsburgh playing in the opposite session from the Cuse.

East - Syracuse (UNC)
West - Duke (Kansas)
I think the ACC seeding is going to change in the next few weeks.

Syracuse
Kentucky
Duke

Duke and UNC will be in Boston and Atlanta. One will be #1 seed in Atlanta; other will be #2 seed in Boston.

Duke and UNC will be in Boston and Atlanta. One will be #1 seed in Atlanta; other will be #2 seed in Boston.

Won't they put UK as the #1 in Atlanta? Everything I've seen so far says we get Boston, UK gets Atlanta, the Big 12 winner (if Kansas) gets St. Louis, and the ACC winner or BIG winner gets it out West.

It's wide open after Kentucky and Syracuse. Its interesting that while it is very tight between 3-8, with multiple scenarios who can get the #1, there is a very clear dividing line between the 2 and 3 seeds right now that will likely not break by selection Sunday.

Duke can get a #1 as either version of ACC Champ (regular or tourney) but it will be much harder for UNC to get the #1. No one has a better top win profile then Duke - N Michigan, N Kansas, N Michigan St, A UNC.

I also have to think if Michigan St sweeps Ohio St, and gets to the Big Ten Final, they would probably get a 1.

But then again if one of Kansas or Mizzou beats the other two more times...

But this debate will go right down to the last weekend.

Won't they put UK as the #1 in Atlanta? Everything I've seen so far says we get Boston, UK gets Atlanta, the Big 12 winner (if Kansas) gets St. Louis, and the ACC winner or BIG winner gets it out West.

If Kentucky is the one overall it technically gets the regional that fits it best. That choice should be made before fitting any other teams into a regional.

St. Louis is technically a little closer to Lexington then Atlanta. But Atlanta is more SEC Country - I think that would be the preference for Kentucky. But I think committee will justify Kentucky`s region based on other one seeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom