Duke is gonna get a 1 seed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke is gonna get a 1 seed

Yes, if we win just one of the last 2, i think it would be close to impossible to not get a 1.

Duke is Duke they always get a number one seed.

"Leeeeeave it to beeeeever"

You are also assuming all of these teams will win out.

I think we are set in stone the #1 in the east regardless of what we do the rest of the way.

If Cuse loses out - there is no way they stay in the east unless they drop to the 2 line. I'd rather be a 2 in the east than shipped elsewhere as a 1... but then again, given their uninspired play of late, losing 2 or 3 and bumbling into the NCAAs it probably wouldn't matter where they wind up at that point. Call that pessimistic, but anyone who thinks we are a lock for 1 in the east are being extremely premature. A win Sat. night would all but end that debate, however.

If Cuse loses out - there is no way they stay in the east unless they drop to the 2 line. I'd rather be a 2 in the east than shipped elsewhere as a 1... but then again, given their uninspired play of late, losing 2 or 3 and bumbling into the NCAAs it probably wouldn't matter where they wind up at that point. Call that pessimistic, but anyone who thinks we are a lock for 1 in the east are being extremely premature. A win Sat. night would all but end that debate, however.

lol..."extremely premature" but if we win Saturday night we "all but end that debate"...ok.

Boy it must really irk you that we are 28-1...

lol..."extremely premature" but if we win Saturday night we "all but end that debate"...ok.

Boy it must really irk you that we are 28-1...
I think he's right about the region.

We've locked up a 1 right now, but shifting of regions is possible is Blue Curtains dream comes true and we lose out.

I think we should follow the players' advice: one game at a time. If we can sneak out of Gampel with a W, I think a road win there seals our 1 seed. It'll be a hostile environment, on gameday (national TV), before a capacity crowd. If we're fortunate enough to come away with a victory, we'd be 29-1. Best regular season in history (?). That said, Drummond will give us fits inside, and Lamb is not going to go 2-10 in the Gampel pavilion. It will be a tough game, as all of them have been lately.

This certainly does not take anything away from this team, despite all the whining. We've been ranked 1 or 2 almost the entire year, atop the BE conference, in the news, etc... No shock everyone we play is going to be gunning for us and playing their best (or beyond their best).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom