Duke opens -17 over SU... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke opens -17 over SU...

My guess is that Syracuse will play better than we have seen them play so far this year. The game will be closer than everyone thinks, close enough to torture our fans into thinking it may be possible to actually win, but ultimately we lose by 8-12 points. In other words, I think we will actually be competitive for a good portion of the game, but ultimately Duke will win by a fairly comfortable margin.

After the watching our ranked girls team put it on unc last night . Not too long ago we had some great teams, so now we comfortable been a middle of the pack program?

You'd have to assume after the atrocious offense and the way we played vs GT that the line was going to be big...but not that big.

My guess is that Syracuse will play better than we have seen them play so far this year. The game will be closer than everyone thinks, close enough to torture our fans into thinking it may be possible to actually win, but ultimately we lose by 8-12 points. In other words, I think we will actually be competitive for a good portion of the game, but ultimately Duke will win by a fairly comfortable margin.
Got any extra koolaid?im afraid to be optimistic

Everyone knows it's big Monday so either they will bring their A game or try to bring their audition for the highlight reel tape. We are due for a few missed dunks.

Feels fictional

never thought I'd see an SU hoops team as an underdog by that much

1547486723011.jpeg

The 17 is in line with KP (within a point) as are more most lines.

Based on where we stood before the Saturday disgrace, our KP rating would have still suggested a 15 point deficit if we had just won the game by a handful or so.

Part of the reason Duke is getting great lines right now is their KP AdjEM is the third highest since 2008.

The highest since 2008:
Kentucky 2015
Kansas 2008
Puke 2019

Part of the reason is the winning margin does impact KP, and that scum Coach K has been running up scores this year. Trying hard to score in blowouts, keeping starters in longer then normal.

truly embarrassing.

If you think the line is embarrassing wait for the game . . . now THAT is probably going to be embarrassing.
I just can't understand why we have had no offense for years and seem to have no urgency to really develop one. The Syracuse brand is two things to the CBB world, Boeheim and the zone . . . and save for a couple of unexpected runs in the tourney after lackluster seasons over the past couple of years, we have been totally irrelevant. I don't understand the seeming total indifference to offense. My adjustment for tonight's game is to up the ratio of vodka to cranberry juice in my cocktail. That said LGO!

I had Duke -12 prior to Saturday's game. Now I would be in the high teens too. I'm with teamco. Mix the drinks stronger tonight. Try to ease the pain.

I like we are setting a record against Duke. No not an attendance record or the biggest margin of SU victory, the number of SU threes, the number of consecutive free throws ,
Made by SU, the least number of TOs,... but record line we are going to get beat by Duke. UGH,
If I hear but JB is a HOF coach or JB won a 1000 games etc. as the reason that we cant criticize the state of SU basketball...we’ve all gone to Jonesville. Make mine grape not orange.

It could be a 2 possession game for 35 minutes and we could still lose by 17. I suspect there is a stretch where Duke converts a few turnovers/missed shots into runout dunks that get the crowd reeling off a 6-0, 7-0 type run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom