Duke postgame thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Duke postgame thread

eh i think it was a sly reference to the fact that he recruitED a lot of playerS last season and he was one of them

implication being they missed on a lot of players and he was a good one...didnt seem bitter...more sly...as if, explaining why they suck this year...(recruiting misses)

they were involved with a ton of players last off season
He said this is his best recruiting class ever. Imagine if he didn't miss the players he really wanted this would have been his bestEST recruiting class ever may even sniff the bubble.

Last edited:
He said this is his best recruiting class ever. Imagine if he didn't miss the players he really wanted this would have been his bestEST recruiting class ever may even snift the bubble.
whoa whoa whoa...let's not try to cross-reference and fact check everything he says and make sure it all lines up accurately...(although, I admit I kinda fell into that trap myself)

that said, i dont think there was any bitterness i.e. filipowski from the comment he made jmo

I feel bad for the 31,000 who went last night.

Especially the students. They’re going to have like zero memorable games. Think they’ll be taking over arenas up and down the east coast when they’re working adults?
The games are memorable, they just aren’t memorable wins for SU.

And great point on future road game attendance

Alot of exaggeration going on.

Zone is ok when it doenst give a ton of open looks. When there's frustration going on it will, at a development league level. Edwards and Girard were taken out of scoring almost completely. Teams know Judah cant do everything. A great game plan by Duke. When that happens We need to be able to drive, drive,drive,drive, and kick. Driving creates doubles and that's how you win. Zone you pass around it man you drive into space. Force,force and force, all 4 of our guards, even if it creates turnovers and our guards are forced to foul on days like this. We have the depth at guard with Copeland. Crisp passing for smooth spot ups. Edwards needs to beef the low post like brown. That's The only thing he's missed this year including a 3. Copeland needs more minutes, and to work on going left he's really athletic off the bounce. Benny Point pf. You cant have 8 points from your forwards and be competitive in 80-90 point games.

imo, that should be plan C after the press. We need that.

I’m not an Xs and Os guy, so I’d love to hear from someone who sees practice. What do they work on with Jesse?

Time and time again last night he’d get a pass in the paint and quickly be doubled. As far as I can recall he never passed out of the double team. Never.

Do they work on that with him? Is it even a concept in our offense? Does no one cut to him? Because someone has to be open.
Ehhh, not sure I’ve seen a critical practice report in the 10 years I’ve posted here, you’ll probably hear how awesome the team is and how great each individual player we have is.

Ehhh, not sure I’ve seen a critical practice report in the 10 years I’ve posted here, you’ll probably hear how awesome the team is and how great each individual player we have is.
Just wait until next year when Cope becomes Russell Westbrook, Bell becomes JR Smith, Brown becomes John Wallace, and Taylor becomes Wally Szcerbiak.

RF2044 used to post detailed practice reports, but that’s been a minute, as the kids say.

Louisville scored more points than we did against Duke. I'm so sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom