Duke starting off in the 2-3 vs Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Duke starting off in the 2-3 vs Pitt

Alsacs

Living Legend
Sean McDonough and Jay Bilas on the call. So atleast we will get good commentary. Pitt doesn't look good to start off.

i believe it's illegal to switch. once you pick a token that's it till next game.

04cityroom-monopoly1-superJumbo.jpg

They just showed a graphic that Jamie Dixon is 22-16 vs. the Top 10. Pretty impressive.

(Great opportunity for some likes to whomever responds to my post that Dixon has never been to a Final Four).

There's nothing wrong with the 2-3 zone defense. There are also other good defenses.

There's an argument to be made that being able to switch between various defenses might be good. Coach Boeheim is on record they want to excel at the one defense so they stress it to the point of excluding other defenses.

He's been overall very successful at that and I've/we've loved every minute of it.

But this is a fan message board right? When someone who shouldn't score (and doesn't vs other teams) hits for a high % naturally you'll see some argument for other defenses.

We're talking about an unknowable here...how many games SU won they shouldn't have and how many lost they shouldn't have?

I personally think defensive principles/skills are transferable so I don't get the focus on one defense. But that's what forums are for...comments like mine don't really matter

i believe it's illegal to switch. once you pick a token that's it till next game.

04cityroom-monopoly1-superJumbo.jpg
I always wanted to be the car but if I couldn't I would try and be the dog.

Eh, Pitt seems overmatched thus far.

Cut it to 12...

BTW I have counted 3 times tonight that the refs had motioned Jaime Dixon to back off the court. It is refreshing I wish they would T him after the 2nd time but the refs just motion him back. Him and Crean have the worst on the bench and postgame behavior.

All the Big East teams just look great so far in the ACC this year. You know it's bad when ND might be the best of the bunch.

Their zone looks pretty good too. That is our zone...complete with the challenge and retreat technique from the forwards.

Dixon, Crean, Buzz Williams, etc. are all good coaches. Yes, they are spaz city on the sidelines but I could care less. Kids like to play for these guys. I could care less how they behave on the sidelines. Our favorite target Crean has IU into a pretty solid lock as of now for a Tourney bid after losing Vonleh.

SoBeCuse said:
Dixon, Crean, Buzz Williams, etc. are all good coaches. Yes, they are spaz city on the sidelines but I could care less. Kids like to play for these guys. I could care less how they behave on the sidelines. Our favorite target Crean has IU into a pretty solid lock as of now for a Tourney bid after losing Vonleh.

So it's okay to act like a tool because their players like them?

Just obey the rules and stay in your coaching box. And stop begging for every call.

Their zone looks pretty good too. That is our zone...complete with the challenge and retreat technique from the forwards.
And Duke was boxing out and rebounding the hell out of the ball early on before they started beating the brakes off of Pitt.

Buzz may flop like a fish on the bench but he seems like a good guy. Dixon and Crean just ooze douches who think the game revolves around them. Their court behavior is horrible and they are classless in the walk by handshakes. Atleast Buzz congratulates the opponent and loses with grace. I can't say anything positive about Dixon and Crean. Dixon literally complains 20-30 times a game. I get you fight for calls but he just barks for everything. Crean walks up and down the bench literally every possession he needs to act better.

Indiana recruits good athletes and that helps Crean but Pitt's recruiting more 4 year guys thus Pitt is getting kids to stay and their program has been going down slightly since 2011.

Buzz may flop like a fish on the bench but he seems like a good guy. Dixon and Crean just ooze douches who think the game revolves around them. Their court behavior is horrible and they are classless in the walk by handshakes. Atleast Buzz congratulates the opponent and loses with grace. I can't say anything positive about Dixon and Crean. Dixon literally complains 20-30 times a game. I get you fight for calls but he just barks for everything. Crean walks up and down the bench literally every possession he needs to act better.

Indiana recruits good athletes and that helps Crean but Pitt's recruiting more 4 year guys thus Pitt is getting kids to stay and their program has been going down slightly since 2011.

No doubt re: Pitt. Crean and Dixon are douches for sure on the sidelines. Just doesn't bother me THAT much.

So it's okay to act like a tool because their players like them?

Just obey the rules and stay in your coaching box. And stop begging for every call.

Yes it does. Lots of coaches act like tools on the sidelines. It isn't what WE think. Agree on that coaching box nonsense. None of them EVER get called for it. They encroach onto the court way too much.

No doubt re: Pitt. Crean and Dixon are douches for sure on the sidelines. Just doesn't bother me THAT much.

I don't mind the douchyness so much as the constantly being on the court and out of the coaching box. The on the court thing drives me crazy.

K calls that his Orange defense :)

zone d is gaining more and more credence - Texas has gone all zone for two consecutive games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom