Duke vs UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke vs UNC

Yeah, it will tell me a lot about the voters when the rankings come out today. PSU is undefeated - great. Good job. They have a nice team. But when your best win is O$U at home, only 2 of your games have been against teams with an RPI better than 30 (when only 2 of SU's games have been against teams with an RPI worse than 30), we've beaten Notre Dame and Hop on the road, along with Duke and UVa.

If voters are really serious about it, we will be No. 1.

If voters are just going through the motions, well...
1ml6ey.jpg

How much does a number 1 ranking help with NCAA tournament seeding? On the surface it means a lot but does it guarantee a number 1 in the bracket. If State Penn runs the table they will likely be ahead of us in the bracket even if we do the same. Right?

Yeah, it will tell me a lot about the voters when the rankings come out today. PSU is undefeated - great. Good job. They have a nice team. But when your best win is O$U at home, only 2 of your games have been against teams with an RPI better than 30 (when only 2 of SU's games have been against teams with an RPI worse than 30), we've beaten Notre Dame and Hop on the road, along with Duke and UVa.

If voters are really serious about it, we will be No. 1.

If voters are just going through the motions, well...
1ml6ey.jpg
Exactly! Quite similar to how players are rated by stats only. Guys who are out there creating those opportunities for others are looked off.

How much does a number 1 ranking help with NCAA tournament seeding? On the surface it means a lot but does it guarantee a number 1 in the bracket. If State Penn runs the table they will likely be ahead of us in the bracket even if we do the same. Right?
Well, it does mean you get to choose which color jerseys you want to wear in each game you play. :rolleyes:

Whoever is #1 is going to face a very interesting winner of the "8 v. 9" game. #8 is the last seeded team and their opponent will probably be just a bus ride away since ND's and Denver's opponents eat up the plane rides. Plus, if those two don't start some serious winning, one of them could end up as #8, playing PSU in the "northern regional". Here's a possible 8 v. 9, the JHU-Twerp loser v. whoever emerges from the UVa - dook - UNC-CHeat muddle.

Well, it does mean you get to choose which color jerseys you want to wear in each game you play. :rolleyes:

Whoever is #1 is going to face a very interesting winner of the "8 v. 9" game. #8 is the last seeded team and their opponent will probably be just a bus ride away since ND's and Denver's opponents eat up the plane rides. Plus, if those two don't start some serious winning, one of them could end up as #8, playing PSU in the "northern regional". Here's a possible 8 v. 9, the JHU-Twerp loser v. whoever emerges from the UVa - dook - UNC-CHeat muddle.
Regardless of how they finish, I fully expect to see Albany in the Dome. Again. :rolleyes:

Regardless of how they finish, I fully expect to see Albany in the Dome. Again. :rolleyes:

Both teams would have to collapse down the stretch for that to happen. Root for Albany to beat Yale and or Maryland and assuming they with AE conf tourney they should be somewhere between a 4-8 seed.

nah, it'll take a collapse from one of us.

Albany Closes with

(H) UMBC
(H) Maryland
@ Binghamton
(H) Yale
(H) Hartford

Maryland is the only team with a defense strong enough to stop them, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say they win out.

They don’t have a stout defense (but its not bad either) though it’s going to be tough for anyone on their remaining schedule to out score them. 4 of 5 games left are at home to.

Barring collapse they finish 13-1 or 12-2

They’ve average 15.4 goals per game. They’re lowest output was 9 against us. They’re averaging 18.125 against the rest of the schedule. That’s a lot.

Carolina up 4-1 end of 1. Duke looks out of sorts and UNC playing well for a change. Quint took a shot at SU saying Bomberry got away with coming out of the box early in OT last week against Duke. He isnt handling SUs success very well.

Is what he said even true or is it something he happened on while watching replay. I don't recall it being controversial or noticeable at the time. Was it egregious or like a toe on the line kind of thing. What a dck.

I know this is old now, but I was bored today and after watching the ND/Duke game I was inspired to rewatch both games 'Cuse had against these teams. Watching OT vs. Duke I thought of this thread, so I paid attention to Bomberry. The ref ten yards away gave the release signal. There was nothing early about it. Nothing.

Quint just sucks. Sorry dude, do your homework. You may want to be professional rather than a douche with an axe to grind. It's getting old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom