Duke-Zona Who You Want? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke-Zona Who You Want?

Arizona is hyped because they are really good. All you have to do is watch them and see the talent. A couple of recent stud recruiting classes will naturally do that. I have always liked the Arizona brand back when Lute was coaching. I still have a very hard time cheering for Duke. Ain't gonna happen. Arizona wins. Better squad.

And their win in Viejas is one of the best wins of the year.

Zona is good... but their backcourt is so so. Mcconnell is a great distributor but they lack size and its clear they really push to get their production in the front court. Notice how they could do nothing when duke switched to zone? :)

Had to laugh at dickie v saying parker is more of a post player than melo. Melo did well in the post here and I think parker is a very good comparison.. that said parker already plays better d than carmelo did.

Had to laugh at dickie v saying parker is more of a post player than melo. Melo did well in the post here and I think parker is a very good comparison.. that said parker already plays better d than carmelo did.

I know. What a stupid, baseless assessment. But it is important to keep in mind that this is the same nitwit who also made the same claim about Luol Deng back when he was in college.

Honestly, if Carmelo went to Duke, he'd be the best player of all time according to Dukie V.

Vitale is the worst. I can't honestly imagine why anybody likes him. Have loathed his buffoonery for years.

Last edited:
Melo had a post game at cuse. The notre dame game at dome didn't we go to melo in the post almost every possession during the 2nd half comeback? He was unstoppable.

Duke. Root for the conference.

Arizona needs to be slapped back to reality. Why this team is always so hyped ill never understand.
Duh, it's because they had this great tournament run and won a NC while beating a heavily favored KU team in '97. Isn't that reason enough? :bat:

Zona.

You guys better not start this "root for your conference" crap again. We're not the Horizon or some scrappy league fighting for respect.
You don't have to be a league fighting for respect. The SEC does it for football. Every fan of every SEC team will root for Alabama after this weekend, if they beat Auburn.

I would be happy to see zona in our bracket as small as their backcourt is

Arizona because we want the east region in the NCAA Tourney (Buffalo, MSG)
If Arizona wins this game and we lose to Duke, we still don't get the east.

hurts, but i feel you have to pull for the conference opponent to get the win. The ACC definitely needs some quality ooc wins.

I guess Let's Go Duke (as i puke in my mouth)

Are you kidding? I may work at Duke, but I hate Duke Bball with a passion. Heck, I hate the ACC. As far as I'm concerned, we are Syracuse and the rest are the ACC. FDUKE! FACC! When it comes to College Basketball, I was bred to despise the ACC, because they were our rival, and Duke was always at the top (and, thus, most hated). I couldn't care less about Arizona, but I'm of the Anybody But Duke crowd.

Are you kidding? I may work at Duke, but I hate Duke Bball with a passion. Heck, I hate the ACC. As far as I'm concerned, we are Syracuse and the rest are the ACC. FDUKE! FACC! When it comes to College Basketball, I was bred to despise the ACC, because they were our rival, and Duke was always at the top (and, thus, most hated). I couldn't care less about Arizona, but I'm of the Anybody But Duke crowd.

Me too. I've never rooted for Duke...never will...unless they're ever in a position to beat another ranked team or ACC team that is in a position to disadvantage us if that team won.

As for the OP's question, I wouldn't mind seeing the sinkhole open at mid court...

I would agree with this if it was at either of their courts, but I would rather not see a giant hole at MSG. That would pretty much erase all hope of a future ACC tournament in NYC if Duke fell into the abyss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom