Duke-Zona Who You Want? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke-Zona Who You Want?

Am I supposed to hate FSU too, or can I hope the ACC can get a win today?

Duke goes down, FSU is about to get put down too. So much for the best basketball conference ever

Last edited:
Arizona because we want the east region in the NCAA Tourney (Buffalo, MSG)

This.

Normally we should root for Duke to boost the conference RPI. But your statement trumps that. Getting #1 in the East with those venues would be huge.

I may agree with the overall concept, but you could choose your words better. Just saying.

HJB...you never heard that expression? There is ZERO racial connotation, dude. It simply means that an offensive player is selfish and never passes the rock once he gets it.

HJB...you never heard that expression? There is ZERO racial connotation, dude. It simply means that an offensive player is selfish and never passes the rock once he gets it.

Of course I've heard the expression. Just because it has been used before doesn't make it right. You may think there is zero racial connotation. I just think there are better ways to say things is all.

Of course I've heard the expression. Just because it has been used before doesn't make it right. You may think there is zero racial connotation. I just think there are better ways to say things is all.

People who want to find racism will find it anywhere, just saying. The expression is harmless. I have never heard anyone decide to call a ball hog a black or white hole because of what color they are. I understand what you're saying, but this is a bit over the top. Again, it's harmless.

So will duke fall to 5th with tow losses ahead of us? And will we have to hear how we play nobody tough?

Luv'd the first half of the game - great fast paced offense. Second half was a bit of a grind. Two really good teams. Ariz had trouble utilizing their big center Tacz... a little surprised they won.

I root for every opponent to be undefeated when we play them. I want to beat the best and leave no doubt.

Plus - how much sweeter is it when that highly ranked team loses to us?

In my opinion, this is the only logical way to be a fan.

You don't have to be a league fighting for respect. The SEC does it for football. Every fan of every SEC team will root for Alabama after this weekend, if they beat Auburn.

Have you had the misfortune to come across idiot SEC fans yelling SEC in your face when you're just trying to enjoy a beer, and Syracuse isn't even playing an SEC team? And I doubt the fans of the good programs will root for Alabama. I imagine Auburn, Florida and LSU fans would rather lose a finger than see Alabama win another championship.

NKR1978 said:
Have you had the misfortune to come across idiot SEC fans yelling SEC in your face when you're just trying to enjoy a beer, and Syracuse isn't even playing an SEC team? And I doubt the fans of the good programs will root for Alabama. I imagine Auburn, Florida and LSU fans would rather lose a finger than see Alabama win another championship.

I think they fight for the reputation they've built. The conference game is about reputation and perception. They may hate the Alabama won another one - but they will be happy the conference won another.

You can root for the ACC to do well and still hope it's you instead of FSU hoisting the next one.

I haven't had that, but I'm not a bar scene guy so I've avoided the drunk idiots. I know some Florida fans that root for whichever SEC team has been in the title game. All of the Tennessee fans I know do the same. I don't know any LSU fans so I can't comment about them. According to my wife (an Auburn alum), most Auburn people she knows are indifferent about the NC game if Alabama is playing in it. It would be an interesting survey to give to Auburn fans though.

Good to have Tristy back...

There is absolutely no racial connotation with this expression. It is an astronomy reference, as in what is created when a star dies and has such a strong gravitational pull it actually draws light toward it (since light can't escape it, it looks black through a telescope). In theory, once anything is sucked into a black hole it never makes it out. That's why a player who never passes is called a black hole, because once he get's the ball, he never gives it up.

If you see race with the expression, it's because you want to.

There is absolutely no racial connotation with this expression. It is an astronomy reference, as in what is created when a star dies and has such a strong gravitational pull it actually draws light toward it (since light can't escape it, it looks black through a telescope). In theory, once anything is sucked into a black hole it never makes it out. That's why a player who never passes is called a black hole, because once he get's the ball, he never gives it up.

If you see race with the expression, it's because you want to.

Thank you for explaining something I learned 45 years ago.

Perhaps now you can explain why I should tie my shoes.

:bang:

Thank you for explaining something I learned 45 years ago.

Perhaps now you can explain why I should tie my shoes.

:bang:
So you understand that not every expression that has the word "black" in it is racial. Why are you creating meaning for an expression that was never intended.?

Sorry to all you new ACC conference lovers. But whenever Duke loses it makes me happy. Sorry, it's more than rivalry. It's pure grudge! And I don't know why! I even like Coach K as a person. But no matter what I just don't like Duke!

I Will never root for duke. Too many of their fans are entitled arrogant buttholes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom