Duke | Syracusefan.com

Duke

obv they're ridiculously talented - but Auburn played mostly dumb/sloppy all game and made it a fairly tight game... but to answer question of OP - not sure

Not sure if the Zags had enough good experienced players to be competitive or not.

But now that Tillie is out, I don't think they will have a tomorrow... would love to be pleasantly surpirsed.

lots of good players, but they did not play as well as I was expecting

I think Auburn is very good. Legit top 10 team - lot of contributors throughout the rotation.

Duke's weakness is going to be perimeter shooting overall, but they move the ball very well and have a lot of ways to score besides hitting from 3.

I think Auburn is very good. Legit top 10 team - lot of contributors throughout the rotation.

Duke's weakness is going to be perimeter shooting overall, but they move the ball very well and have a lot of ways to score besides hitting from 3.

Yup. I like Auburn a lot despite Pearl. Basically said the same thing in another thread. People don’t realize how well Barrett and Zion handle the ball also as well as being unselfish. Obviously Reddish and Jones are super solid. Gotta pray for a hiccup game against our zone.

OB has to act like a bull in a china shop when we play duke and try to draw as many fouls as possible lol

I never understand why we don't do more of this. I understand the fears of picking up cheap charge calls (hey Brandon Triche - how you doing? - he was robbed so many times by the way), but getting quality centers to sit down and watch the game has to be part of the game plan when we go up against the Bol Bol and ZW types. Fake the shot, drive the lane, get fouled. Get your foul shots, watch the center for the other team sit down.

Yup. I like Auburn a lot despite Pearl. Basically said the same thing in another thread. People don’t realize how well Barrett and Zion handle the ball also as well as being unselfish. Obviously Reddish and Jones are super solid. Gotta pray for a hiccup game against our zone.
I think we should be able to out score them once our offense gets going.

I think we should be able to out score them once our offense gets going.

Love the optimism. Don’t share the same prognosis. Auburn is much more skilled than Syracuse, IMO. I don’t think we have enough skill/speed/bounce/shooting to really challenge them.

Are you going to watch the UW game? I’m gonna tune in and observe.

Last edited:
Can't wait for a thread a week about dook, or maybe a thread per player of theirs.

There is some incredible talent there. Don’t like it? Then call in to JB and let him know to get players who can compete to try to handle them.

There is some incredible talent there. Don’t like it? Then call in to JB and let him know to get players who can compete to try to handle them.
What are you talking about? Did I say there wasn't incredible talent? Did I say I didn't like it? FIgures you're here to save the day either for the opposition or anything but SU. Why don't you read my post again since you quoted it, then get back to me. And now I gotta call in to JB, about creating dook threads? LOL

Love the optimism. Don’t share the same prognosis. Auburn is much more skilled than Syracuse, IMO. I don’t think we have enough skill/speed/bounce/shooting to really challenge them.

Are you going to watch the UW game? I’m gonna tune in and observe.
I’m watching. They have limitations but hopefully can finish 2nd or 3rd in the pac12 and make the tourney

What are you talking about? Did I say there wasn't incredible talent? Did I say I didn't like it? FIgures you're here to save the day either for the opposition or anything but SU. Why don't you read my post again since you quoted it, then get back to me. And now I gotta call in to JB, about creating dook threads? LOL

I’m shaking in my boots. Please forgive if I like some non-SU ball and like what I see from the Duke cats. Any idiot can see we are WAY behind in terms of offensive skill and firepower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom