Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke

Duke might be Kentucky, Anthony Davis-year type good. Gonna be tough to beat. RJ Barrett is another kid who is a problem.

I think we should be able to out score them once our offense gets going.

Now that is funny. When was the last time we actually had an offense. If we played them today, they would beat us by 40. Perhaps, if we were healthy, we could cut that to 20.

Then call in to JB and let him know to get players who can compete to try to handle them.

Oh it’s just that easy huh? Cool.

Jimmy, I’ll take a 5 who is 7’1, can defend the paint, can move, catch, do a drop step, dunk on people, rebound, and shoot the 3. Kinda like a Shaq/Porzingis combo. Get it done, Jimmy!

I’m shaking in my boots. Please forgive if I like some non-SU ball and like what I see from the Duke cats. Any idiot can see we are WAY behind in terms of offensive skill and firepower.
Who said we weren't? And I completely agree, any idiot can see this, so why do we have to jock ride them into oblivion and post and make threads when we all can see it? It's just more of stating the obvious to me over and over. We should just have one dook thread then, just my .02

Last edited:

Jimmy, I’ll take a 5 who is 7’1, can defend the paint, can move, catch, do a drop step, dunk on people, rebound, and shoot the 3. Kinda like a Shaq/Porzingis combo. Get it done, Jimmy!

Well, not easy, but should it seemingly be this difficult? Many here consider SU to be an 'Elite' program and only behind certain "blue bloods" such as Duke, UK, KU, etc. At the end of day, Jimmy is ultimately responsible for the talent level he brings in. Over the years, there have been times that I say to myself, how is this guy even on an SU roster to begin with...but maybe that's just me.

Actually, I’ll settle for guys who can defend Cobb and at least offer SOME resistance to Bol Bol.

Duke might be Kentucky, Anthony Davis-year type good. Gonna be tough to beat. RJ Barrett is another kid who is a problem.
Yeah I agree. Really really good. Zion is something else

If we can get the zone working well we might be able to muck the game up enough to only lose by 9-12.

Actually, I’ll settle for guys who can defend Cobb and at least offer SOME resistance to Bol Bol.

Chukwu was a defensive force for one of the best defensive teams in the country last year. I believe it was Kansas and Michigan State who wanted him too when he was transferring.

Sometimes a bad game is just a bad game.

If this team plays up to its potential I would say we have a fighting chance at keeping it close if, for instance, a couple of their stars go ice cold from three. Long term concerns are Hughes lessening the strength of the zone due to his lack of length/experience compared to Doly, and the Sibide/Chukwu duo continuing to be ineffective on both ends of the court. I'm confident that Howard and Battle will be playing to their full potential by the time acc play comes around. With a guy with the scoring potential of Carey coming off the bench we could be a serious force if we find some chemistry/more consistent shooting. Besides we won't be dying of fatigue/foul trouble at the end of every game like last year. If things come together in a way we envisioned them doing so in the preseason we could at least be a threat to duke if they "beat themselves" a little bit. Always possible with a young team in front of 36,000 in the dome.

Mark few is the goat. Take him in a second to replace jb but doubt hed leave.

How fun would it be if we could play hoops like either duke or Gonzaga... it’s llke we are playing a different sport.

Lots of high screens, guys going one on one to the hole, and launching 3’s. They aren’t doing much schematically different than us.

Duke just has lottery picks while we have a couple second rounders at best. And Gonzaga has better passers and shooters.

Somehow poor old has Cuse managed to knock Gonzaga out of the tournament and beat Duke a few times in recent years.

Last edited:
So many college kids have no clue how to pass on a break

All they do in AAU ball is fake pass and take it themselves or that stupid Euro step. It’s all individualized workouts and teams that practice twice a week and travel all over the country for tournaments. Too much emphasis on individual play over team play = kids who don’t know how to pass or run a fast break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom