Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke

Who or what is Maui Jim
1542842583834.jpeg

Duke is loaded as can be and Zion is a talent but I think the UK game has already gone to his head. Chinks in the armour are going to show but he shouldn't be getting badly outplayed by Huchimara. He hasn't been anywhere near as good in Maui as when he played against guys his age vs UK.

I’m trying to think who Barrett reminds me of and I know bilas has mentioned harden but he’s more Michael Redd to me or a weird combo of both

Why is this game starting at 5:00 PM EST?

Great start time. Watched 1H on the bike at the gym. Watching 2H before I shower and head out.

Those games in NYC have killed my love for college basketball to be honest I'm so mad about our start I sort of only feel like watching our rock fights and seeing if anyone can knock off Duke. Didn't even stay up to see Hop come back on the Aggies last night went to bed after Zona Zags.

Gonzaga is excellent. Hope they can overcome that beast Clark getting his 4th foul. He is fantastic on D.

What if all this is just showing how absolutely horrendous UK was that night a couple weeks ago?

I think Gonzaga could beat even rout many ‘blue bloods’ this season. But, yeah, UK is probably not that good. They struggled with Southern Illinois and Winthrop.

It also tells me that we would really need to put it all together to have a chance against Duke. Gonzaga moves the ball well, passes well, have ballhandlers, lots of skill, and have good athletes. We don’t move the ball, pass well, and shoot well.

3 on 2 break and Hachimura just takes his big steps and plows to the hoop. Got fouled, but man that’s ugly ball. Give it up.

3 on 2 break and Hachimura just takes his big steps and plows to the hoop. Got fouled, but man that’s ugly ball. Give it up.

He’s played well all game. We plow to the hoop with reckless abandon constantly.

I’m trying to think who Barrett reminds me of and I know bilas has mentioned harden but he’s more Michael Redd to me or a weird combo of both

I'm seeing a little Walter Berry.

I think Gonzaga could beat even rout many ‘blue bloods’ this season. But, yeah, UK is probably not that good. They struggled with Southern Illinois and Winthrop.

It also tells me that we would really need to put it all together to have a chance against Duke. Gonzaga moves the ball well, passes well, have ballhandlers, lots of skill, and have good athletes. We don’t move the ball, pass well, and shoot well.

I honestly think we are who we are and can't change. Hope the D can be better being one year older and stronger. Hope guys hit their shots with the usual iso dribble and chuck offense. Press and run a bit more now having more than 6 bodies. Everyone who gets minutes should know JB's defense well and our rotations.

Its not like we came back vs UVA by moving the ball around like Princeton. We just hit tough shots in their face. That is how we will have to beat good teams sadly.

Other thing is our offense has its flaws but the system we play should work pretty well if we have the lead. We will get points off turnovers and force teams into mistakes and guys will hit shots.

No game in the ACC will be easy. Keeping teams in the 40s and 50s will be key. In 2009 we were offense first sweet 16 team and JB rededicated himself to the zone the next summer and we had our best team since 2003 being a D first squad.

Again despite the flaws we should be a pretty good team when playing with the lead I think we'll be pretty tough to come back on to be honest when we are dialed in and playing hard. Question is will we play that hard. Can we match VT or Clemson's intensity when they go up against a big name team? CAn we not coast vs BC or ND? Thats my worry.

Man, I miss when we played in these high scoring, high intensity regular season games

Duke is incredible. Too bad we’ll see these players are just one year and then never see them again

Duke is incredible. Too bad we’ll see these players are just one year and then never see them again

Most people wish we didn't get to see them for 1 year and they could go straight to the NBA. I personally think that would suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom