Duke's home court is simply an unfair advantage | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's home court is simply an unfair advantage

you're kidding. the dome is a bigger advantage. look at our personnel. how else could a zone coach, with zero personality, needing an afternoon nap attract the hordes of players he does. don't let cto see this or it will evaporate.
Lather...rinse...repeat

It's not an UNFAIR advantage if only because NO ONE said Syracuse or any other school for that matter can't create a similar set up.

If you asked me, the powers that be at Syracuse are morons for not putting our students as close to the court as possible - all the way around the perimeter.

Sure, you'd piss off a bunch of blue-hair season ticket holders... But you'd also create an advantage... A big one..

Back to your point... Is Duke's arrangement an advantage? Without question, Yes.

Is it unfair? Absolutely not.

The seating locations may not be an "unfair" advantage. But being shut out of the arena (unless you're a dookie) might be. We've seen this BS before (GT) ... where you have to be an insider to get a ticket. Well, rumor has it that the same nonsense goes on at cameron. The "minimum allotment" goes down from 140+ to 75. That means even the AD's office will have trouble getting seats. If opposing (i.e., SU) fans are excluded as they are at the Verizon, then Dook gets to stack the crowd. That's when "unfair" starts to apply.

It'll be interesting to see how the ticket situation plays out when we visit them in Durham. Something tells me fairness is not a blue devil AD priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom