Dungey stat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey stat

it could be that really bad teams feel like their only hope against us is to pressure the qb. pressure or no pressure, maybe dungey just does a lot better against bad teams.

yes.. pressure also usually means extra guys coming on blitz so less guys in coverage. the other nugget is that you only need 50% to be good at pressure throws doesnt mean you are actually good at it just better than the rest

I'll take 11 ypa anyday of the week.

Who said he should be good at being a pocket passer.? Mcnab was a terrible at it. What makes dungey good is his improv and legs. Has Ok accuracy standing still in the pocket.

I think his game is regressing because they don't want him running. They've taken his strengt away from him.

Saturday on a third down he wanted to run and instead sailed a pass over the wr head when he could've easily run the 7 yards for a first down. That's when I knew it was in his head. He won't be as good unless he can run.
And the more he runs the more likely he will get hurt.

You take the good with the bad

In terms of Dungey being told to run less... I've been yapping about Lester getting Dungey killed all season, but the kid is a great weapon scrambling as things break down. I think it's bad to try and coach that aspect of his game out of him. What they should stop doing, IMHO, is the damn option. Less designed runs like that and more accentuating his ability to freelance.

Right. They tell him to stop running, then call QB draws and option reads.

This conversation reminds me of the Robert Griffin story. Great QB, forced to play differently to protect his health, turned him into a much less effective QB.

David Hale ‏@DavidHaleESPN 33s33 seconds ago
#Cuse QB Eric Dungey…
Pressured: 50% comp (3rd in P5), 10.9 YPA (1st), 5 TD, 0 INT
Not pressured: 62% (48th), 6.5 YPA (54th), 6 TD, 5 INT
Cool stat, but tells me that man needs to learn to throw from the pocket. There is a reason he is on the sidelines again. Part of becoming a better QB is to get over that running tendency and have the confidence in your arm. Keep that running trick in your back pocket, when you really need it.He'll get there.

How is that stat determined? Is a roll out unhurried? Doesn't it stand to reason that certain patterns (longer) take more time to develop and pressure more likely? Could this stat be meaningless noise?