Dungey | Syracusefan.com

Dungey

download (1).jpg

Had a receiver over the middle wide open on that last throw. Would have been a td. Never even looked

I don't think he's ever thrown a post or seam in his life.

I love Dungey but was really dissapointed not to see TD when he was out for a couple series. I keep saying it but TD + an unleashed Dungey might = Leak + Tebow

Yeah, it rarely seems that he looks towards the middle of the field but he didn't get a lot of help out there. The drops were unbelievable. The OL was crap. But, Dungey was holding that ball too long in the 1Q especially and not dumping it off. I don't where the hot reads were or if there were any dialed up. Basic stuff.

I guess he is suppose to throw and then catch his own balls.

The childish humor people on the board (looking at you Millhouse) find this post, well...childishly funny.

44cuse

I'll disagree. Frosh Dungey was as dynamic a QB as we've had since McNabb. But last year he regressed IMO. I thought he'd flourish in Dino's system but I was wrong. He seems to be an odd fit.

Kind of tough going up against your former head coach who knows all your weaknesses and exploited them pretty well.

Kind of tough going up against your former head coach who knows all your weaknesses and exploited them pretty well.

And then had a hug fest before the game. I get it, but that's gotta mess with your head a bit.

I'll disagree. Frosh Dungey was as dynamic a QB as we've had since McNabb. But last year he regressed IMO. I thought he'd flourish in Dino's system but I was wrong. He seems to be an odd fit.
My theory is he knows he is a hit away and now has happy feet. I see a lot of Trentative Edwards in him... bonus points if you know who that is.

My theory is he knows he is a hit away and now has happy feet. I see a lot of Trentative Edwards in him... bonus points if you know who that is.
Oh wait you're a pats fan... you probably know all about Trentative.

Dungey was a hero-ball guy on a horrible team. Either this staff can't develop a qb or dungey can't be developed

Blitzed the blind side hard and gave receivers cushion knowing he just can't throw a fastball for some odd reason.

dubgey was a pretty good qb before the game started. Played terrrible and is still a pretty good QB. At most I'll agree that he is playing too impatient.

Story of Dungey... just not a very good QB. He has athletic talent but he doesn't have the patience of a good qb. Until Babers gets a real qb in there we can't really judge him.

Bwahahaha. These words will taste yummy as he marches into the record books this year.

Lossing always brings out the worst.

Bwahahaha. These words will taste yummy as he marches into the record books this year.

I don't give a hoot about record books. It's an air raid offense where he throws it 50 times a game... he better be setting records. He had an opportunity to tie the game by hitting the post on that last play as it was wide open but he doesn't even look there. Basically looks to the same place every play.

To be fair, part of the reason Dungey sets records is because this team now throws more in a year than SU used to throw in half a decade.

But yeah, he's not bad. Just inconsistent in this system. He's also so damn injury prone it's gotta be hard to build around him.

I think his problem is that he's got a lot of people in his ear telling him to change how he plays, to avoid that career ending head/neck/upper body injury. He was never a great drop back pocket passer. His feet and will to win are what made him great. He's got everyone but himself trying to take that away from him. It's just not who he is, and it's not his skill set.

Eric Dungey is Randall Cunningham. The Minnesota Vikings version. He needs some really good talent around him if he's going to be successful, and right now he doesn't have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom