Dungey

Clearly Dungey dropped to many passes
Dungey muffed the punt
Dungey wasn't able to make all his FGs
Dungey missed his assignment on the two passing TDs
Dungey snapped the ball over the punters head
Man Dungey is the worse :cool:

Dungey was bad.

I don't really like his decision making either.

I don't give a hoot about record books. It's an air raid offense where he throws it 50 times a game... he better be setting records. He had an opportunity to tie the game by hitting the post on that last play as it was wide open but he doesn't even look there. Basically looks to the same place every play.

So he's a bad QB? C'mon. I'll give you "not perfect" or "had a bad game"... great college QB's miss those throws from time to time.

As for record books and "air raid" (not what it is, but whatever) - how do you judge a QB individually if not by looking at how his numbers? Sure w/l matter - but that's team stuff.

I read here he would leave for the NFL after this year
I read here that Ryan Nassib was the worst qb in the history of Syracuse football. Who was that poster? He played in the NFL for 4 years.

I don't give a hoot about record books. It's an air raid offense where he throws it 50 times a game... he better be setting records. He had an opportunity to tie the game by hitting the post on that last play as it was wide open but he doesn't even look there. Basically looks to the same place every play.
Totally agree. If he could figure out that he can throw between the hash marks he would have tied the game on 4th down.

he's gotten a pass because he was a breath of fresh air as a Frosh. He has no touch on short stuff and throws a horrible deep ball. I also think he has gotten too thick. He is a good player who has been over hyped here due to our desperation. he needs to be better, as do the WR's, and Dino and his staff. Year 2 marrone and company don't lose this game.

he's gotten a pass because he was a breath of fresh air as a Frosh. He has no touch on short stuff and throws a horrible deep ball. I also think he has gotten too thick. He is a good player who has been over hyped here due to our desperation. he needs to be better, as do the WR's, and Dino and his staff. Year 2 marrone and company don't lose this game.
2444.jpg

^ that's getting a little to "thick" for a QB, Dungey is just fine. He had an off day versus a "unusual" defense. Year 2 Marrone also had A LOT more talent then this team does.

To add, the one roll out that he got hurt he had about 5-6 seconds to scan the field for an open guy.

If nobody was open, a good QB throws the ball into the stands and goes to 2nd and 10.

Our QB gets caught from behind, potentially risking his season and career, and gives us a 2nd and 12 for his efforts.

Horrible O-Line play. I mean close to Grob level bad. Tons of dropped balls, but Dungey did try to play hero ball that first time running the option. If he pitched it to Strickland he walks in for a TD. Instead we got stopped and turn it over. He's playing really tentative. I think they just have to take the leash off and let him do what he does with his legs. Hopefully that could open some stuff up.

Hmm. Year 2? The year they played the 1 ranked team, 100+ rated schedule? MTSU is better than the Akron team we played that year. Dino and co would do just as well vs that schedule.

Hmm. Year 2? The year they played the 1 ranked team, 100+ rated schedule? MTSU is better than the Akron team we played that year. Dino and co would do just as well vs that schedule.
You take Dino and his staff straight up against Marrone and his staff?

Do we think Babers was trying to pick Dungey up last week with the 'he graded really well' assessment, or was he serious? Because I thought Dungey's touch was fairly poor in the opener and then even worse today. There were some inexcusable drops, but also a lot of drops where he put the ball in a terrible spot. The second and third down passes to Ishmael at the end summed up his night, he put the receiver in a lousy position.

We do... but he is inside slot meaning he's inside the hashes meaning he's invisible to Dungey right now.

this is true. On our last possession where dungey took a sack, erv was wide open on a slant for big yarddage

Whether this forum wants to admit it or not. SS is a very good DC.

where were the pressing of corners when he was our d coordinator?

I think of that long pass that was intercepted he thought that it was a free play because the defense jumped offsides. So even though he threw it into coverage and it was intercepted He felt the very worst it would've been a penalty and called back

Also he was very savvy as he saw that there were 12 On the field and rushed the snap to get a penalty. In one case at work but the other it didn't work because the defender saw the same thing and faked an injury so that they would stop the clock and Not call a penalty

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom