Dwight Freeney named to Colts Ring of Honor | Syracusefan.com

Dwight Freeney named to Colts Ring of Honor

Congratulations Dwight Freeney you earned it. Next step and stop is getting fitted for that gold jacket and a nice bronze bust in Canton. Orange Forever!!!
Or until his children are of college age. Sorry, just frustrated by the situation with our most recent gold jacket recipient.

That was awesome indeed. What did he have, four sacks of Vick? The Dome was rocking like crazy.

He was an absolute game changer. Teams would have to prepare and scheme for him alone. Megabeast.

That was awesome indeed. What did he have, four sacks of Vick? The Dome was rocking like crazy.

He was an absolute game changer. Teams would have to prepare and scheme for him alone. Megabeast.

If I recall, Freeney had 4 1/2, and the team had 8. Duke Pettijohn was also wreaking havoc from the other end. That first half was so incredible. Not sure I’ve gone more wild at a game for a prolonged stretch than I did at that one. Crowd was absolutely rocking on defense and especially 3rd downs in anticipation of another sack...and they just kept coming.

That stupid Nunes trip and throw it up for grabs interception. SMH.

Interesting debate, Freeney, Marvin, Mackey, Czonka all in the mix for that one.

I read his post as meaning at SU, but could be wrong.

I’d probably put Freeney over Marvin as an SU player. But as a pro, I’d go Marvin.

Ah yeah, ED is tragically incomplete. But, he still could be in the argument for #2.
I have an uncle that is old enough to have seen them both play and says it's possible Ernie may have been better than JB. We'll never know for sure.

Has any school ever had two RB's that were that great so close together?

I have an uncle that is old enough to have seen them both play and says it's possible Ernie may have been better than JB. We'll never know for sure.

Has any school ever had two RB's that were that great so close together?

Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas played together at Okie St.

Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas played together at Okie St.
Forgot about them. That's a ridiculous tandem... and on the same team at the same time. I sure wish we could've seen what kind of pro Ernie Davis would have been. Maybe we'd have the GOAT and GOAT 2.0.

Easily maybe the most athletic De I have ever seen. His explosiveness is and was unmatched in his playing days. What de runs a 4.36 I think. Uncanny ability to get off first step.

another key part of that game was SU blocked a punt late 2nd quarter, leading 14-3. P and D coached scared and ran 3 ultra conservative plays that predictably lost yardage to set up a FG try from a very shaky kicker. To nobody's surprise he missed. Much different game if SU goes into the half up 21-3.

If I recall, Freeney had 4 1/2, and the team had 8. Duke Pettijohn was also wreaking havoc from the other end. That first half was so incredible. Not sure I’ve gone more wild at a game for a prolonged stretch than I did at that one. Crowd was absolutely rocking on defense and especially 3rd downs in anticipation of another sack...and they just kept coming.

Sadly, I could see Tommy doing that at some point. Too many What moments like intentionally dropping the football as he is pushed out of bounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom