Dwight Howard to the Lakers - talks heating up | Syracusefan.com

Dwight Howard to the Lakers - talks heating up

MyMeloMyMan

All Conference
If this happens, has there ever been an NBA player to play a career under more fortunate franchise circumstances than Kobe Bryant?

I love Arron Afflalo, but this move involves Andre Igoudala becoming a Nugget. Sign me up immediately.

personally, I think that Howard/Harrington at the 5/4 is a net downgrade from Bynum/Gasol

Yes, Howard is better than Bynum, especially on defense, but Gasol is much better than Harrington . . . the Lakers pick up a bit at the 5 but lose a lot at the 4

looking at the trade on Trade Machine, it doesn't work as reported - the Magic are taking on too much salary in this deal, and none of the other three have any cap space to absorb any more salary. And it doesn't solve the Magic bad contract problem (Turkoglu, Big Baby, JRich), which supposedly has always been a necessary part of any deal they were to make.

Yeah I don't love it for the lakers if they move both of their big guys for Howard.

ooking at the trade on Trade Machine, it doesn't work as reported - the Magic are taking on too much salary in this deal, and none of the other three have any cap space to absorb any more salary. And it doesn't solve the Magic bad contract problem (Turkoglu, Big Baby, JRich), which supposedly has always been a necessary part of any deal they were to make.

I assume this would have to be just the start, because I think I'd rather have the Rockets offer of young players and taking on bad contracts as opposed to this

Yeah I don't love it for the lakers if they move both of their big guys for Howard.
especially if the story of Mike Brown installing the Princeton offense is true . . . Gasol is the kind of good passing big who would thrive in the Princeton O; Harrington, not so much.

Its a superstar league though. Nice to have two on your side. Bynum mails it in too frequently for my taste. I can't put him on that superstar performer list yet.

Its a superstar league though. Nice to have two on your side. Bynum mails it in too frequently for my taste. I can't put him on that superstar performer list yet.
Between Nash, Kobe and Howard they'd have three actually.

Between Nash, Kobe and Howard they'd have three actually.
let's wait and see . . . Kobe's efficiency is slipping and Nash can't stay young forever

let's wait and see . . . Kobe's efficiency is slipping and Nash can't stay young forever
I think Nash is going to do good things for Kobe's efficiency though.

ESPN now announcing the trade is complete and all that remains is a call tomorrow (Friday) to obtain Kim Jong Stern's league approval. If this goes through and the Lakers keep Gasol... I'll have to think on it but (on paper) it certainly seems like they'd have to be title favorites.

I love Arron Afflalo, but this move involves Andre Igoudala becoming a Nugget. Sign me up immediately.
I'm with you!! We now have our go to guy, plus the fact that we get rid of an aging big Al.

Kobe, Nash, Howard, Gasol? If they can get past OKC I like their chances vs. the Heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom