Each player worth $1m to the program... | Syracusefan.com

Each player worth $1m to the program...

While I love our players, I disagree that our players are worth more than $1.0MM. Coaches in college are worth more than they are in the NBA and there is more of a captured fan base with college students than NBA fans, so the 49% is a dubious benchmark for college players. Then, the analysis was done by a guy named Cork.

These articles are the worst. While I want there to be someway for players to be compensated further... articles like this do no justice for that. Show me the softball, rowing, volleyball, track, ice hockey, baseball, golf, swimming/diving.. athletes fair market value. Field Hockey is a powerhouse here at Syracuse and they cost the department money.

It's a sleazy way to put it but an athletic department is a business. A business can have multiple products (teams) and the success of a few carries the business as a whole.

Also, Tyler Lydon being worth $1M and Dajuan Coleman being worth $1M makes no sense either obviously lol

so if we only have 9 guys on scholly, or whatever...that # goes up greatly.

These articles are the worst. While I want there to be someway for players to be compensated further... articles like this do no justice for that. Show me the softball, rowing, volleyball, track, ice hockey, baseball, golf, swimming/diving.. athletes fair market value. Field Hockey is a powerhouse here at Syracuse and they cost the department money.

It's a sleazy way to put it but an athletic department is a business. A business can have multiple products (teams) and the success of a few carries the business as a whole.

Also, Tyler Lydon being worth $1M and Dajuan Coleman being worth $1M makes no sense either obviously lol
Seems like uncountable flaws with the methodology.
And would be best giving a total combined value for the players.
Per player average doesn't make sense for the obvious reason that the players are not of equal value.

But...every D-1 athletic department IS in business thanks to the enormous TV revenue.
That business is the reason we're in the ACC now and the great Big East basketball conference is a fading memory.

Unfortunately, the conclusion I draw from the current situation is that college players ARE just like employees.
Except for the little distinction that they don't get salaries...just certain benefits.
This can't go one that much longer.
There's bound to be an upheaval.

I never thought I'd come to that opinion about big time college sports.
But there's just too much $$$ involved now.

#1. So why doesn't the football and basketball coach get paid the same as the Field Hockey coach?

#2. Your argument works better if the football and basketball program only brought the school back to break even... which may be the case with smaller programs. In most P5 cases even with the teams subsidizing the rest of the athletic department, the athletic department is still making tonnes of money.

I'd seriously like a report on how much each poster/post is worth to this board. How many of you saw that one coming?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom