Early 1st Round Predictions | Syracusefan.com

Early 1st Round Predictions

outoftownie

2nd String
I reserve the right to change these later in week, but here is a no thought first run...
Maryland
Syracuse
Loyola
ND
Denver
Duke
PSU
Albany

A few weeks ago I thought there would be at least three first round upsets but I only ended up w two. I think Albany is going to truck UNC. Albany is way better than a 8 seed and they will be fired up for Saturday night. It wouldn't suprise me if Albany made the final four. I have been repeating all season what a former world team player told me in February, Albany is the third best team in the country. Unfortunately for the Danes the number one team is between them and the final four.

I reserve the right to change these later in week, but here is a no thought first run...
Maryland
Syracuse
Loyola
ND
Denver
Duke
PSU
Albany

A few weeks ago I thought there would be at least three first round upsets but I only ended up w two. I think Albany is going to truck UNC. Albany is way better than a 8 seed and they will be fired up for Saturday night. It wouldn't suprise me if Albany made the final four. I have been repeating all season what a former world team player told me in February, Albany is the third best team in the country. Unfortunately for the Danes the number one team is between them and the final four.

Albany is nearing a sell out this afternoon. Capacity is 8,500 but I'm not sure if that includes the bleachers on the other side of the field. I'm expecting 10K and rowdy. Saturday night.

My picks are the same as yours but it would not surprise me to see Hopkins over Duke and Towson over PSU.

Last edited:
Maryland
SU
O$U
Marquette
Denver
Duke
Towson
Albany

Maryland
#HHH
THE Ohio State
Notre Dame
Denver
Duke
Penn St
Albany

Terrapin U (because turtles are so scary)
Orange(men!) Need I say more?
Buckeye State (a.k.a. worthless nuts, serious, buckeyes are worthless nuts)
Golden Domers (because DOME was made cool by Syracuse, they had to copy it!)
Falcons with the upset (hey, I served in the Air Force, I have to have some loyalty)
Blue Dookie Devils (typed with my nose plugged because it stinks to want Duke to win)
PedStateU Ninny Liars - to obvious to write anything
Big Dogs from a small u.

UMD
SU
OSU
Marquette
Denver
Duke
Penn State
Albany

I'll keep going. Final four:

Albany
Denver
OSU
Syracuse

SU beats Albany for the championship. By 1 goal.

UMD
SU
OSU
Marquette
Denver
Duke
Penn State
Albany

I'll keep going. Final four:

Albany
Denver
OSU
Syracuse

SU beats Albany for the championship. By 1 goal.
But does the championship really could t as it was by one goal? I mean, really. It was anybody's game until (fill in the blank of your SU hero of the day) scored the winning goal/made a stop on D.

Just preparing for Quint's assessment.

But does the championship really could t as it was by one goal? I mean, really. It was anybody's game until (fill in the blank of your SU hero of the day) scored the winning goal/made a stop on D.

Just preparing for Quint's assessment.

The winning goal will be Molloy form 100 yards as the buzzer goes off in mid flight. Refs will confer as to the legitimacy
of that goal, weighing into account how many transfers SU has. They will consult with Quint, who, realizing that a goalie has scored the winning goal of a national championship, will discover where his true commitments lie, and allow it to stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom