Early Signing Period Approved | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Early Signing Period Approved

Or a recruit may find out early that an offer isn't really an offer. If a school tells them to wait, the recruit knows their true worth to them earlier and helps insure they don't get shut out by allowing them to go with a program that truly wants them. Regardless they will know where they stand with their top offer choice earlier. Knowledge is good for a recruit.

It'll also help the kids who commit to a school, only to have that school recruit over them and squeeze them out just before NLI day. They will have locked in their spot, assuming the school lets them sign in December.
Agree, This will make the football factories be a little more careful in offering, Should be good for us.

Now we're talking, the past several posts have outlined compelling reasons why this may benefit the recruit. Good stuff.

It'll also help the kids who commit to a school, only to have that school recruit over them and squeeze them out just before NLI day. They will have locked in their spot, assuming the school lets them sign in December.
If one school doesn't let them sign another one will. That's where they and schools will have to figure out how they want to play the game.

I can sign at B level school now or hope that A level school wants me come february. If A doesn't want me, B may have a full class, which may force me to go to a school I didn't like as much.

Wouldn't this benefit the kids that want to enroll and start school early?
I would think it has no affect on them. They'll be enrolled before the current signing period anyway so it's just a formality to them.

I would think it has no affect on them. They'll be enrolled before the current signing period anyway so it's just a formality to them.

Until they sign they don't have a scholly, correct? I would think this would allow them to get the financial benefits of the scholly earlier...

Until they sign they don't have a scholly, correct? I would think this would allow them to financial benefits of the scholly earlier...
No. NLI binds the athlete to the school. Financial aid agreement binds the school to the athlete. They can sign the latter without the former.

Won't it effectively become the final signing day for recruits outside the top 200?

Won't it effectively become the final signing day for recruits outside the top 200?

that's my guess and my hope. It will also mean instead of fretting in January, fanbases will fret in November and then it will ramp up in January, particularly for anyone who didn't sign in December that was expected to. Man, it's going to be a rough month and a half for many of us.

Feel like this will really benefit kids with grades in order vs those with borderline grades.

Also gives kids a safety net if they were to get injured during winter sports season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom