Ed Cooley and Providence | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Ed Cooley and Providence

Im not saying he will by any means. I’m saying he will be a name that is considered for the job
I was someone who thought we should consider Zags assistant Tommy Lloyd as a potential successor to JB. But then he went and got the Arizona job and is crushing it there. I just can’t imagine Few being a realistic possibility for Syracuse to land.

1647046631408.png
1647046643083.png

ouch

There may not be a more overrated team in America than Providence

Meh- their metrics aren't that great. I think they were 4 or even 5 seed material anyways.

There may not be a more overrated team in America than Providence
Their efficiency numbers are pretty mediocre. They’re vastly overrated. But Cooley is a really good coach. He’s done wonders with that program.

Gotta say this about the guy...no one gets more out of the talent he has.
Back at Providence he took a team with one great shooting guard (Billy Donovan) and a bunch of bangers to the Final 4.
One of the best coaches ever. Forget all the off-court shenanigans- on the bench he’s a maestro.
Again, if we had the cujones to hire him for a career-ending 5-year stint, we’d be Top 10 in 2 yrs. JMHO

Gotta say this about the guy...no one gets more out of the talent he has.
Back at Providence he took a team with one great shooting guard (Billy Donovan) and a bunch of bangers to the Final 4.
And on top of it, he pretty much turned Donovan into the player he was. Pitino took the job before his JR year, at which point he had been a bench player averaging like 3 points his first 2 years. The way I remember it, he wanted to transfer, Pitino made some calls, but nobody would take him. He said we're stuck with each other, so lets get you in the best shape of your life and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom