Class of 2025 - EDGE CJ May (AL) Verbal to Louisville | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 EDGE CJ May (AL) Verbal to Louisville

We didn’t want him. Look at our last few weeks, look at his comment on the depth chart!!! Soft and Coach Brown doesn’t want players that don’t want to compete.

78cb621bcb985e488e513f0c60deb5ea.jpg

I listened to the Alabama recruiting service guy who has been doing it a long time and seems pretty plugged in. He mentioned 3 things.

1. 90% of kids from Bama go to Bama, Auburn (or to a lesser extent Georgia/FSU/LSU) so its weird none of these schools were involved for a high profile kid in their backyard (read red flag, maybe he is a tweaner)

2. He committed to ND early and ND cut him loose, not the other way around.

3. He wouldn't bet against 'Ville against anybody but the very top schools because they have one of the biggest NIL bags in the game. If they want a kid, they will get him, unless again they are competing with the Bama, Georgia, OSU, Texas, LSUs of the world.

He also mentioned Luke Carney is a top 100 kid and would be ranked as such if he was in the public school circuit. Said if he keep growing and staying on this trajectory, all the top SEC schools will be knocking in 6-9 months

Last edited:
I listened to the Alabama recruiting service guy who has been doing it a long time and seems pretty plugged in. He mentioned 3 things.

1. 90% of kids from Bama go to Bama, Auburn (or to a lesser extent Georgia/FSU/LSU) so its weird none of these schools were involved for a high profile kid in their backyard (read red flag, maybe he is a tweaner)

3. He wouldn't bet against 'Ville against anybody but the very top schools because they have one of the biggest NIL bags in the game. If they want a kid, they will get him, unless again they are competing with the Bama, Georgia, OSU, Texas, LSUs of the world.

He also mentioned Luke Carney is a top 100 kid and would be ranked as such if he was in the public school circuit. Said if he keep growing and staying on this trajectory, all the top SEC schools will be knocking in 6-9 months

I've heard similar stuff about Carney's potential.

Our staff knows what they're doing.

I had a feeling he was a plateau kid but didn’t want to say it.

I would be surprised if him or Mizell had offers that were committable at this point. Mann you make room for.

Talked to my friend who follows ND, the claim is a bigger fish came along and he was encouraged to look elsewhere.

Not surprising.

We also May have moved on.
(Bad pun intended)

And - his War Chickens offer may not have even been commitable either,
so perhaps Llvll was really his only option at the end.

Also explains the tackiness w the Auburn hat first.
(Doesn’t justify it tho - have always thought that move was kinda classless).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom