Edwards game averages so far | Syracusefan.com

Edwards game averages so far

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
10 pts, 5 reb, 3 blocks, nearly an assist per game on 75% shooting from the floor and 71% from the line in 23 minutes a game.

Other than the rebounding being a little better, hard to ask for much more out of a center. If he can make those kinds of contributions every game, plus whatever Frankie chips in, that's some incredible production out of the 5.

very pleased with his development. Limit the fouls and we’ll always have a chance vs whatever opponent boarding a complete collapse rebounding.

Some of the fouls he gets called for aren’t even fouls. He’s cleanly blocking shots and the officials are being lazy and anticipating he’s fouling just because.

That's why getting rid of the 1 or 2 dumb fouls is important.
All big men seem to get hosed on 1 or 2 calls a game. You almost have to expect it.

Some of the fouls he gets called for aren’t even fouls. He’s cleanly blocking shots and the officials are being lazy and anticipating he’s fouling just because.

If he proves himself an elite shot blocker, the opposite will be true. The best example I remember was Thabeet of UConn. He could maim someone's hand during a "block" and the announcers would go crazy taking about how great he was after the no call.

Maybe Edwards will start getting the benefit of the doubt after some additional TV exposure.

10 pts, 5 reb, 3 blocks, nearly an assist per game on 75% shooting from the floor and 71% from the line in 23 minutes a game.

Other than the rebounding being a little better, hard to ask for much more out of a center. If he can make those kinds of contributions every game, plus whatever Frankie chips in, that's some incredible production out of the 5.

Yeah, it’s early, but we’ve actually played some decent teams already.

Who knows how his #’s extrapolate out over a full season, but they compare very favorably to another foreign-born Soph C of recent vintage.

This guy.

Who was DPOY with season averages of 8, 6, & 3 swats.

I really like Jesse. He showed plenty of promise last year - enough that people were clamoring to get him more minutes instead of Marek at the 5 for 36 minutes a game.

I'd be happy to see some more plays designed to get him the ball inside with options to dump to Jimmy or kick out to a shooter if he gets doubled.

He’s only going to get better. Even just learning how to stay in games will boost his production as well as help him develop faster just due to the accruing of experience. Lots to be encouraged by with Jesse.

Any news on Sidibe? The way Jessie's playing, Sidibe's return and backing up at 10 to 15 minutes a game would solidify the position.
I'm wondering the same thing. The sooner the better, because I’m sure he’ll be rusty for at least the first few games back.

If he can clean up the fouls, we'll be in great shape.
Everytime I see him jump at the shot fake...I'm like NOOOOOOO It's a trap! I'm sure he will get better, dudes got a hell of wingspan, can alter/block alot of shots by just standing straight up.

Yeah, it’s early, but we’ve actually played some decent teams already.

Who knows how his #’s extrapolate out over a full season, but they compare very favorably to another foreign-born Soph C of recent vintage.

This guy.

Who was DPOY with season averages of 8, 6, & 3 swats.
He even drew a charge like Fab used to do.

Everytime I see him jump at the shot fake...I'm like NOOOOOOO It's a trap! I'm sure he will get better, dudes got a hell of wingspan, can alter/block alot of shots by just standing straight up.

Exactly. It's just a bad tendency always jumping on the shot fake. He's just gotta get the timing down

Yes, his wingspan is crazy. I love to see him start around the free throw line and with essentially just one step, lay the ball up for 2 points.

Agree. His body is still not “tight” tho when he goes for blocks so it looks a little spazzy. Once he gets that straightened out and a few more reps, he’ll get the benefit of the doubt.

Some of the fouls he gets called for aren’t even fouls. He’s cleanly blocking shots and the officials are being lazy and anticipating he’s fouling just because we're Syracuse.

Finished for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom