Eh? QB O'Korn: "...at UH..." | Syracusefan.com

Eh? QB O'Korn: "...at UH..."

StanCuse44

Scout Team
Yes, this means absolutely nothing (I hope) but I figured I'd pass it along anyway...

(from yesterday)
John O'Korn@JohnOKorn
Wish I could've played with my bro @28BoxxHead at UH but he's gonna do big things at Bowling Green! Congrats bro!

https://twitter.com/JohnOKorn/status/292059611203252224
-------------
I just can't see this kid going to Houston over SU. Sorry. We need to get him up here and I believe he'll understand the opportunity in front of him. Right? Right? ;)

The alleged offer to Kimble though might mean that OKorn isn't coming here.

Kimble looks like a serious reach.

Eh as of now he's at UH we will see what happens. Although the newest QB offer seems to indicate something though.

Yes, this means absolutely nothing (I hope) but I figured I'd pass it along anyway...

(from yesterday)
John O'Korn@JohnOKorn
Wish I could've played with my bro @28BoxxHead at UH but he's gonna do big things at Bowling Green! Congrats bro!

https://twitter.com/JohnOKorn/status/292059611203252224
-------------
I just can't see this kid going to Houston over SU. Sorry. We need to get him up here and I believe he'll understand the opportunity in front of him. Right? Right? ;)
It means that kid @28BoxxHead must have decommitted from UH to go to Bowling Green. It has nothing to do with O'Korn's commitment status...

It means that kid @28BoxxHead must have decommitted from UH to go to Bowling Green. It has nothing to do with O'Korn's commitment status...

LOL I knew someone was thinking the same as me.

Phat...you don't like Kimble's video?

I thought he looked raw but talented.

Here's what I would be doing (and what I hope the coaches are doing... ): Offer 3 solid QB recruits and explain the opportunity at SU. Tell them that we're only going to take one more QB this year and stress that it's a "first-come, first-serve" situation. Make sure each one knows exactly what the plan is so there's no confusion/misunderstanding. We don't have a lot of time for BS. Then move forward asap with the one (or two?) who displays the most desire to be here and acts accordingly.

I'm hired! ha, ha

Phat...you don't like Kimble's video?

I thought he looked raw but talented.

I question why a QB from Chicago doesn't have more interest from the schools in his geographic region.

Now the lower level MAC schools can field some good QB's but there's a reason why no Big 10 schools are taking a look.

Here's what I would be doing (and what I hope the coaches are doing... ): Offer 3 solid QB recruits and explain the opportunity at SU. Tell them that we're only going to take one more QB this year and stress that it's a "first-come, first-serve" situation. Make sure each one knows exactly what the plan is so there's no confusion/misunderstanding. We don't have a lot of time for BS. Then move forward asap with the one (or two?) who displays the most desire to be here and acts accordingly.

I'm hired! ha, ha
Austin Wilson is already in the fold, so these other offers seem to reinforce that the new staff wants to take QB's this year.

Your avatar received some quality recognition on Parcell's new ESPN show Wed night... They played it what must have been 3-4 times.

I question why a QB from Chicago doesn't have more interest from the schools in his geographic region.

Now the lower level MAC schools can field some good QB's but there's a reason why no Big 10 schools are taking a look.
The level of competition looked really weak. Maybe that's why the interest level is low.

Bnoro - your post got me thinking so I did some research. Unfortunately, I don't believe this kid ("Boxhead" aka Fred Coppet) was ever recruited by U of Houston so - unfortunately - it looks like there's no other connection to what O'Korn referred to on Twitter. Coppet is the only STA grad on Bowling Green's list.
-- Here's BG's complete 2013 list with Coppet on it: http://bowlinggreen.At their reques...from this site./a.z?s=337&p=8&c=1&nid=5348094

-- You can click on Coppet's name to see his list of schools (No "U of H").

Bnoro - your post got me thinking so I did some research. Unfortunately, I don't believe this kid ("Boxhead" aka Fred Coppet) was ever recruited by U of Houston so - unfortunately - it looks like there's no other connection to what O'Korn referred to on Twitter. Coppet is the only STA grad on Bowling Green's list.
-- Here's BG's complete 2013 list with Coppet on it: http://bowlinggreen. /a.z?s=337&p=8&c=1&nid=5348094

He might have been a preferred walk-on or maybe O'Korn was trying to get the staff to give him an offer. Regardless, there is no suggestion in that tweet that O'Korn is going elsewhere.

Austin Wilson is already in the fold, so these other offers seem to reinforce that the new staff wants to take QB's this year.
Yes, I know. But we are looking for (at least) one QB to replace Zach Allen (at TCU as of this week). So I'm suggesting that we offer 3 more to find 1 solid SU commit.

-- Here's BG's complete 2013 list with Coppet on it: http://bowlinggreen. /a.z?s=337&p=8&c=1&nid=5348094

Rivals shows an offer from Houston for Coppet, and a scheduled visit date (this weekend, he must have cancelled.)

He might have been a preferred walk-on or maybe O'Korn was trying to get the staff to give him an offer. Regardless, there is no suggestion in that tweet that O'Korn is going elsewhere.
Well, there is O'Korn's existing verbal commitment to the U of H. That is on the record. So until proven otherwise, we have to face the fact that he's stated that that's where he's going (as of now). Let's see if we can get him up to the 'Cuse and work our magic.

Big 10 schools haven't exactly been producing world beaters at QB in recent years.

Except that there is now one less reason for him to stick with UH. He might have been talking with his buddy about going to college together and now that isn't happening. A glass totally full impression would be the @28BoxxHead made the switch because he knows somethine or at least doesn't think O'Korn is going to end up there.

Except that there is now one less reason for him to stick with UH. He might have been talking with his buddy about going to college together and now that isn't happening. A glass totally full impression would be the @28BoxxHead made the switch because he knows somethine or at least doesn't think O'Korn is going to end up there.
I think that's a "free refills with a full glass" impression

Yes, I know. But we are looking for (at least) one QB to replace Zach Allen (at TCU as of this week). So I'm suggesting that we offer 3 more to find 1 solid SU commit.
Gotcha...then we agree ;-)

O'Korn did say earlier in the week that he likes SU's academics and evidently what Shafer said to him and he would visit IF he liked our OC hire...

Not sure if that was just lip service but I kinda get the feel he will at least give us serious consideration - including possibly a visit...

while i agree we definitely to need to bring in another qb, i think a lot of people are under estimating Austin Wilson. If anything is kid is more physically ready to compete immediately (currently 210lbs) then Allen was. I really liked his tape, and is said to have some other big time offers as well. This kid has been over looked from day 1 because of Allen and Elite 11. I really think he will be our guy eventually. Still with that said we need to bring in another qb just in case, but i don't want to see a reach. If O'Korn has moved on I would really like to see them pocket the scholarship and take a shot at a big one next year. I truly believe if a qb recruit looks at the amount of young talent the old regime has stock piled, along with the opportunity to compete for early pt they would be jumping at the opportunity. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

I'm confident Wilson has a chance to be very good, but I'm still hoping to land O'Korn. I get the feeling that if we can get him on campus we have a damn good chance.

while i agree we definitely to need to bring in another qb, i think a lot of people are under estimating Austin Wilson. If anything is kid is more physically ready to compete immediately (currently 210lbs) then Allen was. I really liked his tape, and is said to have some other big time offers as well.

We need other offers/commits... same things were said about John Kinder 4 years ago... he's going into his senior season this year and hasn't played in a single game.

Hype is good but you need options when hype doesn't pan out.