Eight reasons opponents ought to be jealous of where Kentucky houses its basketball team | Syracusefan.com

Eight reasons opponents ought to be jealous of where Kentucky houses its basketball team

Status
Not open for further replies.
the others living in the dorm will consist of good looking woman and tutors(students who are actually doing the coursework for Noel)...ah, the real college experience

Looks like a white collar federal prison to me! Who wants their lady friends to have to check in with the nanny or being told they don't belong there?

Has Calipari seen this?

No. Plausible deniability. If he doesn't see it, it didn't happen...or at least he gets off and UK vacates. Even though he made the video, he'll find a way to say it wasn't him.

"No way that was me! Look at that awful shirt!! I would never dress like that!"

so,my guess is that the hostesses will make up the 2nd half of the students living in the dorm.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Sorry but I don't see anything that plush ... a couple of long chairs and a TV, an average-looking dorm room with a punkwood desk, a pool table and some banners. Hell, Sadler Hall has a bunch of "private chefs" in the dining center, and real wood furniture. And Goldstein has 2 pool tables.
Am I missing something (rooms filled with hoes and cash)?

sadler hall.jpg

Sorry but I don't see anything that plush ... a couple of long chairs and a TV, an average-looking dorm room with a punkwood desk, a pool table and some banners. Hell, Sadler Hall has a bunch of "private chefs" in the dining center, and real wood furniture. And Goldstein has 2 pool tables.
Am I missing something (rooms filled with hoes and cash)?

View attachment 1154

you aren't missing anything, maybe the bathrooms only shared by one other person and the modifications to fit a 7 footer

well and the fact that it is catered for the basketball team, right across from facilities

If they aren't going to pay the players, I see no reason they can't compensate them in other ways.

The responses here should be less about Kentucky's infamous shenanigans and more about why SU isn't providing the same - or better - services.

You realize you're talking about Kentucky, right? ;)

I heard they have a really nice practice facility and weight room too. When is the NCAA gonna put an end to this?

I know- how dare they have nice facilities for their athletes!

Exactly ... since they don't attend any classes, they should have extra-nice cribs!!

If they aren't going to pay the players, I see no reason they can't compensate them in other ways.

The responses here should be less about Kentucky's infamous shenanigans and more about why SU isn't providing the same - or better - services.
I was thinking this so long as its kosher.

Not that I disagree, but it is just UK circumventing the spirit of the rules. Athletic dormitories aren't allowed, and that's in keeping with the whole "student-athlete" thing - live amongst the commoners!!! I think most schools recognize that.

UK builds a dorm big enough to house it's basketball team and all the friends they bring with them on a free ride (and maybe Tyler Hansbrough's mom as den mother.).

Do I really care? No. But it seems like Cal them thumbing his nose at the system as usual. If you want to coach pros so badly, go to the NBA.

This is a really nice dorm but nothing that makes me think it should be wrong or it should be against the rules. Really the only thing that makes you think it could be against the rules is that Cal is doing it. They have to have things like this in Kentucky because they are recruiting black kids to come to Kentucky. I know there is great tradition there but you are still in Kentucky. It's like Mark Twain said, "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky because it's always twenty years behind the times."

This is a really nice dorm but nothing that makes me think it should be wrong or it should be against the rules. Really the only thing that makes you think it could be against the rules is that Cal is doing it. They have to have things like this in Kentucky because they are recruiting black kids to come to Kentucky. I know there is great tradition there but you are still in Kentucky. It's like Mark Twain said, "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky because it's always twenty years behind the times."

This is a good point. People forget that we're talking about a place where 24,000 people stand and happily sing My Old Kentucky Home (including, inappropriately enough, its second line) on Senior Day while a dozen minority athletes from other parts of the country stand awkwardly on the court.

I'm always disgusted by the NCAA's tolerance of Calipari, but this doesn't seem too egregious. Though it is a shame for a public institution to use its money on luxuries like upscale student housing, UK really does need to go above and beyond to attract kids to a place whose history and culture is so out of whack with much of the rest of America.

This is a good point. People forget that we're talking about a place where 24,000 people stand and happily sing My Old Kentucky Home (including, inappropriately enough, its second line) on Senior Day while a dozen minority athletes from other parts of the country stand awkwardly on the court.

I'm always disgusted by the NCAA's tolerance of Calipari, but this doesn't seem too egregious. Though it is a shame for a public institution to use its money on luxuries like upscale student housing, UK really does need to go above and beyond to attract kids to a place whose history and culture is so out of whack with much of the rest of America.
I live in Louisville and if you think Kentucky is as racist as you're implying, you clearly have never visited and are basing your opinions off of tv shows or something. Equally as ignorant is saying My Old Kentucky Home is racist. It was sympathetic towards slaves, the term "darkies" wasn't a racist term in the 1850's.

I heard they have a really nice practice facility and weight room too. When is the NCAA gonna put an end to this?

And why is their arena so large? How fair is that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.