Elephant in the room… | Syracusefan.com

Elephant in the room…

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
We have a head coach who has no previous head coaching or coordinator experience.

This lack of experience is showing (no surprise). It takes time for new coaching staff to implement culture and scheme. It should take even longer with someone as green as HCFB. The reality is, regardless of talent on the team, it will take time (a couple years)for HCFB to figure it out. Let’s hope he can still keep the recruiting up in the meantime. Let us also thank our stars that we have McCord to help cover up some of the holes on this team and prevent this season from being a total train wreck.

We have a head coach who has no previous head coaching or coordinator experience.

This lack of experience is showing (no surprise). It takes time for new coaching staff to implement culture and scheme. It should take even longer with someone as green as HCFB. The reality is, regardless of talent on the team, it will take time (a couple years)for HCFB to figure it out. Let’s hope he can still keep the recruiting up in the meantime. Let us also thank our stars that we have McCord to help cover up some of the holes on this team and prevent this season from being a total train wreck.
I'll take what I've seen this year over the past few years. We're not coming off an Alabama and Georgia run, we played a bad TE at QB in a bowl game like 9 months ago.

We hired a recruiter and his guys are either playing or all over the two deep for a reason. Some folks here underestimated the growing pains they would come form a young coaching staff. This was always a talent play, not a year one thing. We just got greedy with Kyle and the schedule.

I’m optimistic about all the young talented kids we have in the wings. KJE deserves a game ball.

I’m fine with the growing pains. Thought the same it’d be a process and longer than others thought.

Thinking with Fran we should be able to get some great qbs… which is why this team will be a bowl game and the wrs, and that’s the only reason.

Why can't our fans just be happy with what is? The potential for this program is higher than it has been in a long time. Clearly, this team, even with all the influx of talent, is not as good as we all hoped, at least, not yet. There is still a lot of season left.

Last edited:
Fran has been fine. His clock management has been mostly good. It takes more than one off season to improve the roster drastically. He takes ownership when things go wrong (Stanford). Really hope he gets into ERob's ear and tells him to knock it off with the 3 man rushes.

Ceiling was always 8-9 wins this season. Too many people thought otherwise with no proof.

curious to see how this UNLV qb looks but we’re looking at almost definite losses against VT, BC with castellanos, and Miami. Everything else is a toss up.

I haven't been a zero loss guy for a long time. Right now, I'm a 3-1 guy with about 60 years in the SU section. I see Fran on the sidelines acting like a chicken that met with the farmer's hatchet, but it's okay. 3-1 is darned okay. Good job, Cuse - work out the kinks. No matter what - good season ahead.

Why can't our fans just be happy with who is? The potential for this program is higher than it has been in a long time. Clearly, this team, even with all the influx of talent, is not as good as we all hoped, at least, not yet. There is still a lot of season left.
A lot of season and we saw some really talented true freshman out there making plays.

The graphic they showed at the end alone about recruiting and we weren't even on the damn list, Coach Brown has us in the top 50 two years in a row? Come on, this is still exciting, a few missed field goals and a couple holes don't change much in the long term.

A lot of season and we saw some really talented true freshman out there making plays.

The graphic they showed at the end alone about recruiting and we weren't even on the damn list, Coach Brown has us in the top 50 two years in a row? Come on, this is still exciting, a few missed field goals and a couple holes don't change much in the long term.
Top 50 isn’t a big improvement from where Dino had us in the 60s.

It’s easy to get caught on the hype train
I’m trying to maintain the mindset of this is a throw away year
Yeah I know with the portal you reload and not rebuild
Reality is we had a terrible culture here and it needs a HUGE overall, it will take time
Fran is the man for this job and yes we will have MANY bumps along the way

Why can't our fans just be happy with who is? The potential for this program is higher than it has been in a long time. Clearly, this team, even with all the influx of talent, is not as good as we all hoped, at least, not yet. There is still a lot of season left.
Armchair entitled experts is my answer...

Fran has been fine. His clock management has been mostly good. It takes more than one off season to improve the roster drastically. He takes ownership when things go wrong (Stanford). Really hope he gets into ERob's ear and tells him to knock it off with the 3 man rushes.
Well, he didn't get in his ear this week. That is for sure.

It’s easy to get caught on the hype train
I’m trying to maintain the mindset of this is a throw away year
Yeah I know with the portal you reload and not rebuild
Reality is we had a terrible culture here and it needs a HUGE overall, it will take time
Fran is the man for this job and yes we will have MANY bumps along the way
Good points. The schedule had me excited though. Hopefully we will show some improvements and finally get better as a season progresses instead of worse.

Good points. The schedule had me excited though. Hopefully we will show some improvements and finally get better as a season progresses instead of worse.
Oh for sure I had a front row seat on the hype train

I think Fran did that to Erob at halftime. 32 yards allowed in 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom