Elephant in the room… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Elephant in the room…

Special teams guy may be packing his desk when he gets back to Manley.
Probably been covered, but is there someone on staff that could slide in to the position?

Special teams guy may be packing his desk when he gets back to Manley.
I'll be honest. The snapping was terrible!!! Granted the kicking was poor too but today IMO none of the execution was good. Obviously on the coach but if I'm the LS I would feeling heat.

It’s easy to get caught on the hype train
I’m trying to maintain the mindset of this is a throw away year
Yeah I know with the portal you reload and not rebuild
Reality is we had a terrible culture here and it needs a HUGE overall, it will take time
Fran is the man for this job and yes we will have MANY bumps along the way
If Fran can keep his freshman who have some talent, but aren't playing from transferring, the team will be OK.
This is the part of the season where some of them will be looking to transfer.

Here is the deal 90 percent of you would have no clue he was a first year coach if someone didn't tell you.. it's in most of your heads and there not much in there for most fans
The team looks unprepared and undisciplined, no matter how many years of experience the HC has or doesn't.

I think this years schedule has almost hurt him in a way. Expectations are sky high since almost each game is "winnable."

The team looks unprepared and undisciplined, no matter how many years of experience the HC has or doesn't.
I wonder how the penalties and yards per penalty this year is compared to the past few years.

I guess it depends on what everyone is okay with. Is a losing year, or a year like last year, which is realistic, acceptable? After what I've seen so far, I personally would take a 6-6 regular season and a loss in a bowl game. Were rebuilding and I think we need enough evidence for fran to continue to sell recruits. But thats just me, others might feel different.

We hired a recruiter and his guys are either playing or all over the two deep for a reason. Some folks here underestimated the growing pains they would come form a young coaching staff. This was always a talent play, not a year one thing. We just got greedy with Kyle and the schedule.

I’m optimistic about all the young talented kids we have in the wings. KJE deserves a game ball.
I think KJE should play the rest of the year.

Defense gave up 32 yards and 2 first downs in the 2nd half. You can cue the Chris Rock you’re supposed to, but it was really dominant. 14 yards in the first quarter. Couple plays in the 2nd Q got away from them. Hopefully something to build on for the non Sluka UNLV team.

Offense has enough firepower to make plays when they’re out of sync. But they have stuff to fix. OG appears disinterested or maybe he’s injured. Something isn’t right. Haynes return would be welcomed. Hope it happens soon. Running game got better but still needs a ton of work if they plan on it being part of the strategy. OL is a typical SU OL.

Oh looked like he had a stronger leg, but still couldn’t hit. That’s a big problem. And cost me a few bucks :)

I have zero gripe with Fran. Been accountable and fine with clock management/in game decisions. That cannot be said for the last 2 coaches we had in here. My problems are with Erob and James Vollano.
I think my only observation about Fran is that he lets opposing coaches get to him. It makes him fiery but eventually someone will see that as a way to get him to make erratic decisions. That trick play ticked Fran off and it led to an unnecessary interception. Other teams will do whatever they can to win. It’s not disrespectful, mostly.

To me the two elephants in the room are
1) the horrendous FG kicking game
2) Gadsden and his steady decline. He seems to be a shell of himself
1. We need a new kicker. Our kicker was a problem last year wasn’t he?
2. OG didn’t play for a year. He just needs his confidence back. We need to support him.

We have a head coach who has no previous head coaching or coordinator experience.

This lack of experience is showing (no surprise). It takes time for new coaching staff to implement culture and scheme. It should take even longer with someone as green as HCFB. The reality is, regardless of talent on the team, it will take time (a couple years)for HCFB to figure it out. Let’s hope he can still keep the recruiting up in the meantime. Let us also thank our stars that we have McCord to help cover up some of the holes on this team and prevent this season from being a total train wreck.
I’m disappointed. But we won 51-14. The 9 field goal points aren’t really on Coach. We are very flawed. It’s obvious. But we won 51-14 if we make 3 chippy’s. And we’re in meltdown mode. Mercy.

1. We need a new kicker. Our kicker was a problem last year wasn’t he?
2. OG didn’t play for a year. He just needs his confidence back. We need to support him.

7/9 inside 40 yards. 3/4 from between 40-50 yards. 0/3 from 50+, including a pair of 57 yarders (which never should have been attempted).

7/9 inside 40 yards. 3/4 from between 40-50 yards. 0/3 from 50+, including a pair of 57 yarders (which never should have been attempted).
Yeah I think it gets overplayed that Denaburg is a bad kicker.

He's not an exceptional field goal kicker by any means. But he's not awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom