Elephant in the room… | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Elephant in the room…

It’s easy to get caught on the hype train
I’m trying to maintain the mindset of this is a throw away year
Yeah I know with the portal you reload and not rebuild
Reality is we had a terrible culture here and it needs a HUGE overall, it will take time
Fran is the man for this job and yes we will have MANY bumps along the way
It’s absolutely not a throw away year, this is huge with us trying to prove we deserve to belong in a big boy football conference and with next years schedule. If we are mediocre this year think about how next year will go, and then the talk going into year 3 is Fran has to win or go

It’s easy to get caught on the hype train
I’m trying to maintain the mindset of this is a throw away year
Yeah I know with the portal you reload and not rebuild
Reality is we had a terrible culture here and it needs a HUGE overall, it will take time
Fran is the man for this job and yes we will have MANY bumps along the way
What?

You have the number 3 passing offense, it will probably be top 20 total offense tomorrow, why is it a throw away year?

Obviously a lot of room for improvement, but as long as they don’t get a lot of major injuries this will be a good season.

Lot of season left with the most difficult games ahead. People forget we started 6-0 two years ago and 4-0 last year. I am more looking to see if the team continues to improve or if we hit that wall again and start dropping a string of games.
The Qb is 100% and they aren’t playing Clemson, at UNC, and at playoff contender FSU or at 13 Clemson, 18 ND, at 22 Pitt, and 11 FSU.

Playing at UNLV, at a depleated NCSt, and at Pitt. Not the same thing.

Last edited:
What?

You have the number 3 passing offense, it will probably be top 20 total offense tomorrow, why is it a throw away year?

Obviously a lot of room for improvement, but as long as they don’t get a lot of major injuries this will be a good season.
What part are you confused by in my statement?

Where did I say it was going to be a bad season?

I'm confused...

It’s absolutely not a throw away year, this is huge with us trying to prove we deserve to belong in a big boy football conference and with next years schedule. If we are mediocre this year think about how next year will go, and then the talk going into year 3 is Fran has to win or go
I'm really confused where I said it was a throw away year?
Why are people reading so much into my statement?
Yes I UNDERSTAND we have to start playing BIG BOY football.
Yes we need to make sure we show the world what we can do.
I'm simply talking about the hype train and how crazy it can get.
No where did I say throw away year or it being a bad season.

I think Fran did that to Erob at halftime. 32 yards allowed in 2nd half.

Second half looked like a different defense than we have seen all season. Something changed. We brought 4/5 rushers every down instead of only 3

Yeah I think it gets overplayed that Denaburg is a bad kicker.

He's not an exceptional field goal kicker by any means. But he's not awful.
he is awful. I dont even expect XP to go thru he mis hits so many. He can kickoff well though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom