Elijah Hughes | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes

The little credibility you had left was lost with this statement. Oh really? You could have stolen a pass from D1 competition and sprinted down court and elevated for a slam dunk? Okay.

Playing devils advocate, there are a couple thousand kids in high school currently who can steal passes and dunk.

How does this impact the scholarship situation for the 2018 class? How many are left for 2017?

So people hate when we don't recruit kids, when we don't pursue kids enough, and then when we do land someone they hate on them too? Like come on. This staff knows what they're doing. JB has like the kid for awhile and that matter more then what any of us think. I saw him live in HS twice and the kid was legit. LOCKED down Diallo with ease and dropped a slim 25 or so on him like it was nothing. Like others have mentioned, he had the foot injury and like most freshman do, he struggle to shoot a little but as the season went along he got better. A year off growing, learn, and playing with other top kids and top coaches and faculties and this kid could be an immediate impact. Kid has great size for the zone and already plays good defense so a year learning it he could be a really high plus defender. He has a nice shoot stroke so that should follow as well. Overall thogh the most important thing about him is he's a really good team player. He finds the open man well for a 2 guard. This is a nice get without a doubt.

I completely agree shot selection alone could be 5-10% difference from freshman to sophomore. Especially on a bad team because you aren't pulled as much for you bad shots.

Also, some coaching from a HOFer won't hurt. JB obviously thinks this kid can be special, and I shall take his word, or offer for it. Rarely has he struck out on transfers.

I like the move. Not sure what the kid's ceiling is but at least it's a bird in hand for '18. If we get a top recruit for '18 Hughes can provide depth. If we continue struggling he will have a full year in the system to be able to step in right away.

This kid needs to be a rotation player in 2018 or this was a bad decision.

I am okay with transfer but they need to be a player. This is a gamble.

I think of this kid as Battle's replacement scholarship.

I don't get the narrative from many that he was so bad at ECU as a freshman. But, to each their own. We can be skeptical, though I'm excited.

yeah exactly. define bad.

yeah exactly. define bad.

He was a really inefficient scorer against mid-major competition and he didn't pass or rebound all that well. There's a chance he could develop into something really good, but he's the equivalent of buying a penny stock; you hope for the big returns but losing all of your investment is more likely.

sounds like fairly common freshman numbers.

kid is a pg which means his first job is QB'ng the offense. having to rely on a PG scoring should be secondary.

He's a PG? Are we sure about that?

JB has liked him for a little while now. He knows talent so I'll trust him and the staff on this one
Then why didn't he offer him then? Sounds like Coach Desko.

Solejaz too. Any word on a visit from Thorpe? Thanks
Honestly not really in the loop with Thorpe, haven't heard much about him, doesn't mean they don't like him. As far as Solejaz I expect he signs with us. This class may not be the sexiest but they are finishing strong and with good players. Next year we will be better than people think, not top notch but we will be decent. In two years I bet we are back in the top 4 of the ACC.

I like it. We need guys like this.

Sidibe, Brissett, Moyer and Hughes are some serious building blocks for the foundation, and one or all of them could be pro prospects, but we need to become relevant on the recruiting trail again before I get too excited about this kind of move.