Elite 11 QB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Elite 11 QB

AyYDjFpCQAEU664.jpg:large

Still nothing but good to say about the kid, nice to be represented up until this point.

Trent Dilfer (@TDESPN)
7/24/12 1:09 AM
@WildcatSwag12 Thank you for being everything @Elite11 is about. Fierce Competitor, trainable, humble, tough, thermostat leader & #QBSurgeon

Trent Dilfer (@TDESPN)
7/24/12 1:09 AM
@WildcatSwag12 Thank you for being everything @Elite11 is about. Fierce Competitor, trainable, humble, tough, thermostat leader & #QBSurgeon
I don't speak Dilish. What does thermostat leader mean? That he is good at controlling his emotions?

I don't speak Dilish. What does thermostat leader mean? That he is good at controlling his emotions?
from the web

Leaders are "unreasonable" enough to believe they can make a difference. Like thermostats, they try and set the temperature of their environment. Thermostat leaders work to define and create what could be, rather than just reflecting what is. Now if the furnace or air conditioner isn't working or all the windows have been left open, a thermostat might not be able to change the room's temperature. But it still tries.

from the web

Leaders are "unreasonable" enough to believe they can make a difference. Like thermostats, they try and set the temperature of their environment. Thermostat leaders work to define and create what could be, rather than just reflecting what is. Now if the furnace or air conditioner isn't working or all the windows have been left open, a thermostat might not be able to change the room's temperature. But it still tries.

Probably a management consultant trying to come up with a catch-phrase. The more catch-phrases they come up with, the more they can charge companies to come in and tell them to do what they already know they should be doing. By throwing out phrases like "thermostat leader" you can make the managers look and feel stupid for having to ask for an explanation. If you can claim ownership of the phrase, even better.

Really, Does not have the physical tools didn't he have the third fastest 40 and the fastest shuttle.

My first reaction as well and why I wanted to share. I also read somewhere else (forget where) that he looked extremely sharp at the bginning of the camp and then kind of tired out/fizzled out towards the end.

Really, Does not have the physical tools didn't he have the third fastest 40 and the fastest shuttle.
If Trent Dilfer says the QB is good, real good, i'll take his word for it over Scott Kennedy. Not that i even know or care who he is. I hope this motivates the kid even more

19. Zach Allen, Temple (Texas): Allen has a good frame and at times he dropped in some very impressive passes, especially to the outside hash. He has a smooth release, good footwork and his arm strength is adequate, although not outstanding. His potential is good and he's a potential steal in this class for Syracuse, especially considering his dual-threat ability.

19. Zach Allen, Temple (Texas): Allen has a good frame and at times he dropped in some very impressive passes, especially to the outside hash. He has a smooth release, good footwork and his arm strength is adequate, although not outstanding. His potential is good and he's a potential steal in this class for Syracuse, especially considering his dual-threat ability.

Arm strength is something that can be improved I think the kid is going to be the best since Donovan.

Remember Marrone's first recruiting class (which was only a few months) and Loeb was given a scholarship. Nobody knew who the hell he was and there was almost zero information about him. Some of us tried to convince ourselves that he could end up being a good starter.

Yeah, I'll take Zach Allen all day with his lack of athleticism and arm strength at the Elite QB thingy.

Allen is about 180 pounds and thin. He (like most kids) needs a couple of years in the weight room to get stronger. The arm strength will come.

I think the report I posted is saying he doesn't have a rocket of an arm but he is overall a solid quarterback. Not everyone needs to throw the ball like Jay Cutler to be successful. I thought overall it was a nice breakdown of his strengths. For what it’s worth I think he becomes the starter next year over Hunt, and Ashton

I would be very surprised if he doesn't start Day 1. I think Ashton is going to be Slot/H-Back for his entire SU career and Hunt will be the backup next year.

Finals are on ESPN now, being replayed on ESPNU at 9:30

The Finals are on ESPN right now.

Edit: Zach got his first screen time 12 minutes in.

did they show him throwing a ball?
Not that I saw. They focused on 5 or 6 guys and that's it. They did a quick talking head interview with Zach and otherwise he was just hanging around the back.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't start Day 1. I think Ashton is going to be Slot/H-Back for his entire SU career and Hunt will be the backup next year.

I don't know how it is going to play out, but I'm happy that both Wilson and Allen will be enrolling in January / participating in spring football. I wouldn't be surprised to see Broyld get a shot at playing QB exclusively depending on how he performs this year. Hunt...Loeb...competition should be wide open heading into next year--may the best QB win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom