Elite 11 QB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Elite 11 QB

If he isn't, then we have a great quarterback situation going on. I think the competition between Allen, Wilson, Hunt and possibly Broyld is going to really pay dividends in the next few years. And if Allen does win the starting job and Wilson redshirts, he could get some snaps in the next coming years and then start his redshirt senior year and have an outstanding year. Obviously that is looking a long way down the road, and we could recruit other great quarterbacks in the meantime, but the football factories always have 2-3 quality quarterbacks being developed and this may be the start of that for SU.
I like the sound of this, but I think in reality it shows how poor the quality of our current underclassmen QBs. The fact that There is no heir after Nassib shows how poor the situation is. Allen is an excellent prospect and I believe he will start but we are asking a lot of a true freshman. When was the last time that happened at SU?

I like the sound of this, but I think in reality it shows how poor the quality of our current underclassmen QBs. The fact that There is no heir after Nassib shows how poor the situation is. Allen is an excellent prospect and I believe he will start but we are asking a lot of a true freshman. When was the last time that happened at SU?

Joe Fields

Others have said Hunt is the heir. Hopefully we'll see him and Broyld in some packages this season. I just want to get through this season first.

I get what you're saying but I don't know. Your current pool only consists of Loeb, Kinder (redshirt sophomore) and Hunt a (redshirt freshman.)

Coming out of spring 2013 hopefully there is clear heir, I think if anything it's a bit frustrating that none of the 3 have seperated themselves but I'm not ready to say it speaks of poor quality.

Others have said Hunt is the heir. Hopefully we'll see him and Broyld in some packages this season. I just want to get through this season first.
someone has to be ready this year to open the season in 2013. I doubt Doug wants to start any freshman opening in the ACC. WEven Zach Allen is going to be held out for a bit probably. He will eventually be the starter but how and when is pure speculation especially if a kid like FHunt excels and wins from the get-go.:eek:

561388_10150927398337414_1931178163_n.jpg

He's played in a football game before. In fact, he's played an entire season worth of games. I saw some myself on the Internet. My real point was the consistency though. Don't have 1 guy in TX do it completely different than the guy in the other part of the country. I'm sure when all is said and done, he'll get a bump.

Thanks for that vast wealth of knowledge you just shared. I watched a non rated junior QB/DB from Dematha out perform a 4 star QB in a 7 on 7 Championship last month. Does that mean he needs to be bumped up in S**** now? In my opinion it does not because it’s not a regular game. What I am trying to get at is offensive players always shine at those events because there is zero fear of being tattooed while playing.

Thanks for that vast wealth of knowledge you just shared. I watched a non rated junior QB/DB from Dematha out perform a 4 star QB in a 7 on 7 Championship last month. Does that mean he needs to be bumped up in S**** now? In my opinion it does not because it’s not a regular game. What I am trying to get at is offensive players always shine at those events because there is zero fear of being tattooed while playing.

You're welcome. I never said I agreed with rating kids on 7-on-7s though. Just making the point, in Allen's case, if he's waiting for game footage, he can easily access his entire Junior year.

Okay, someone with a twitter account needs to hit up Luginbill, Stumpf or Mitchell and ask for an update on Zach. Seems like everyone's getting a mention other than him.

I think star ratings are a bunch of crap but I have to admit they are nice when it comes to the perception of things because after all in today's mindless world perception is reality. But if this kid ain't a 4 star QB then the system is rigged, cause I don't know what is.
If he comes out of the Elite 11 Camp in the top tier, watch the rating bandwagon start. To be fair to any rating system, it is what it is, a projection. In the end there are always kids that play at schools that get missed, or maybe just play for bad teams. It really comes down to the individual performing and/or getting that chance to perform on the field.

Zach Allen was 2nd place finisher today for QB accuracy competition...Wow

Zach Allen@WildcatSwag12
By far the hardest workout I have ever done! Navy seal work out for 4 hours! Dead tired, covered in sand, and just the beginning of the day!

Sounds like a keeper to me!

Zach Allen@WildcatSwag12
By far the hardest workout I have ever done! Navy seal work out for 4 hours! Dead tired, covered in sand, and just the beginning of the day!

Sounds like a keeper to me!

Marrone will be a breeze:)

We're about to find out if he makes the cut momentarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom