Women's Lacrosse - Emma Ward out for the year | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Emma Ward out for the year

OMG NOOOO!!! This is the 3rd knee injury she has sustained if I'm correct. This is awful news as I (and I'm pretty sure the rest of 'Cuse Nation) was excited to watch her play this season and see what she was going to pull out of her bag of tricks
loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png
Certainly gonna miss seeing her play this year-- but I know that Emma will come back even stronger from this in '23.

This conversation is so spot on. I'm not sure how many more of these injuries to our star players I'm going to be able to take.
face-with-pleading-eyes_1f97a.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 8.44.10 PM.png

OMG NOOOO!!! This is the 3rd knee injury she has sustained if I'm correct. This is awful news as I (and I'm pretty sure the rest of 'Cuse Nation) was excited to watch her play this season and see what she was going to pull out of her bag of tricks View attachment 213121 Certainly gonna miss seeing her play this year-- but I know that Emma will come back even stronger from this in '23.
Just read it might be a ligament in her foot issue and not an ACL

One of the most exciting players to watch last year. We just cannot catch a break.
If it’s not one thing it’s another, man haha. Hoping we have someone that’s going to be able to step up and replace her production and be just as exciting to watch, because this is a huge blow.

very tough for Emma; hope she can return next year and have a great season! As it is, she will prove to be a great player-coach for the newbies on this years team!

If it’s not one thing it’s another, man haha. Hoping we have someone that’s going to be able to step up and replace her production and be just as exciting to watch, because this is a huge blow.
any ideas who may be able to step up?

Probably have to move an attacker down to the mid line? Also, haven't seen anything about that JMU transfer. Wonder if that is still happening.

any ideas who may be able to step up?

Probably have to move an attacker down to the mid line? Also, haven't seen anything about that JMU transfer. Wonder if that is still happening.
No idea on who will play where because we still don’t know if Hawryschuk and Carney are 100% and ready to start right out of the gates.

Was wondering the same thing about Shira, (the transfer from JMU). At first she had Syracuse Lax in her bio when it was first announced she transferred, then it disappeared. Was freaking out about a last minute hiccup with getting into SU. But she is definitely on the team and on campus, because she has been shown in a couple media day clips so far.

B13909C0-D498-4278-9E97-39C11C14B9E8.jpeg

4346AD17-1736-4264-8278-0FE5E3D00751.jpeg

My guess is that Shira steps up for the devastating loss of Emma Ward. She has some big shoes to fill, but I think she’s capable. She’s already shown how dominant she can be in that under armour game, playing with a bunch of girls she’s never played with before. Can’t imagine what she’s going to look like come tournament time when she’s had time to settle in and develop chemistry with the girls. She is just too good to keep off of the field IMO.

Also, someone who is close to the program posted on FL that Olivia Adamson has impressed the coaching staff so far— so maybe we see that she gets a little run this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom