Empire Challenge | Syracusefan.com

Empire Challenge

BlackKnight76

All American
I have credentials for the game tomorrow night at Hofstra for TNIAAM. I'm going to have the chance to talk to McFarlane, Cornelius, Morgan, Palmer and Norton, so let me know if there are any specific questions you guys have for them.

Are the NY kids recruiting the NY recruits? Specifically edwards & ogundeku...

What do they feel about the direction of Cuse under DM?

Have they been told whether they will play this fall?

I have credentials for the game tomorrow night at Hofstra for TNIAAM. I'm going to have the chance to talk to McFarlane, Cornelius, Morgan, Palmer and Norton, so let me know if there are any specific questions you guys have for them.

What was the craziest thing to happen during the recruiting process?

What position are they expecting to play (mainly for McFarlane)?

How big of a selling point was the upcoming games in the Meadowlands? Same for pending move to ACC?

Was there a time where they reconsidered committing to SU? What was the reason and how did they (or SU recruiters) overcome it? I'm thinking about during the recruiting process, not second thoughts after signing on (e.g, did someone wow them with something not available at SU, did they worry about the late-season swoon, etc.).

What role did the facilities play in their decision? Did the staff talk about upcoming projects and/or show any visualizations?

What school was their second choice, How important was our record on the field in their decision, What was the primary reason they chose Syracuse, who in their family or school or friends was an a major influence on in helping them to make their choice, Do they follow syracuse.fan or other internet sites that discusss recruiting?

McFarlane:

How is the shoulder that was injured in the Dome?
What is his best 40 time?
How does he like playing cornerback (which is apparently where he is playing for Long Island)?
Who are the best prospects on Long Island for next season? Does he recruit for Syracuse at all?
What are his expectations for his true frosh season? Redshirt, get stronger and learn the offense? Immediate playing time?

Cornelius:

There has been talk of a change in the offense Syracuse will be running in 2012. Some say the QB will run the ball more. Some say SU will install the offensive scheme of the New England Patriots. What has Alvin heard?
What is his biggest strength as a football player? Does he consider himself more of a deep threat or a possession receiver? What is his best 40 time?
Is he friends with L Smith, A Edwards, E Ogundeko? Is he trying to influence their decision?
What are his expectations for his true frosh season? Redshirt, get stronger and learn the offense? Immediate playing time?
How did he survive growing up in the City with a name like Alvin?

Morgan:

Can he dunk?
Does he expect to return kickoffs, punts, or both while at Syracuse?
What are his feelings playing cornerback vs safety? Some schools recruited him for CB, some for safety. SU recruited him for safety.
Is he friends with L Smith, A Edwards, E Ogundeko? Is he trying to influence their decision?

Palmer:

What are his PRs for bench pressing and the squat?
Toughest defensive lineman he has ever been assigned to block (might be Barnwell)?
Thoughts on the Empire Challenge and how he played? (he was really dominant)
Where does he expect to play at Syracuse? (I am assuming OG but they might be thinking of playing him at center)

Norton:

What is the longest FG he has ever kicked? Please provide details...
How does he explain the tremendous power of his kicking leg?
Is he concerned over the transition from the HS kicking tee to kicking off the turf directly?
What are his expectations for his role as a true frosh? Focus on kickoffs only? Compete for the job as starting punter as well? Compete for the job of starting placekicker too?
What is the longest field goal he will kick in a game in the Carrier Dome?

Experience level in managing multiple drunk coeds at one time?

What nicknames do they have/prefer? What do they expect as far as fan support in the dome?

Are any of them thickburgers? Have they read "The Little Engine that Could"? Did "The Express" influence their decision? Do they wish they could chop wood at Buttgers? What is the air speed velocity of a swallow? Admiral Stockdale or Admiral Halsey: Which is least relevant? Why exactly DOES the caged bird sing? Would orange colored bleachers in the Dome help recruiting?

Or Fairly Legal. That chick is sessy.:)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
Sarah Shahi. Her work in Life was solid. She has skills. She is also the great-great-granddaughter of Fat′h-Ali Shah Qajar of the Qajar Dynasty, who ruled Iran from 1797-1834.

Sarah%2BShahi%2B%2525282%252529.jpg

Are any of them thickburgers? Have they read "The Little Engine that Could"? Did "The Express" influence their decision? Do they wish they could chop wood at Buttgers? What is the air speed velocity of a swallow? Admiral Stockdale or Admiral Halsey: Which is least relevant? Why exactly DOES the caged bird sing? Would orange colored bleachers in the Dome help recruiting?

Say what you will about "The Express" but I gave 4 of my AA high school players copies of the movie and they came back inspired and grateful. Two of them are wingbacks in our offense and were arguing over wearing the number 44. I was amazed to see the impact of that movie to 2 high school juniors from NC.

McFarlane:

How is the shoulder that was injured in the Dome?
How does he like playing cornerback (which is apparently where he is playing for Long Island)?
Who are the best prospects on Long Island for next season? Does he recruit for Syracuse at all?

Cornelius:

There has been talk of a change in the offense Syracuse will be running in 2012. Some say the QB will run the ball more. Some say SU will install the offensive scheme of the New England Patriots. What has Alvin heard?
What is his biggest strength as a football player? Does he consider himself more of a deep threat or a possession receiver? What is his best 40 time?
How did he survive growing up in the City with a name like Alvin?

Morgan:

Can he dunk?
Does he expect to return kickoffs, punts, or both while at Syracuse?
What are his feelings playing cornerback vs safety? Some schools recruited him for CB, some for safety. SU recruited him for safety.

Palmer:

What are his PRs for bench pressing and the squat?
Toughest defensive lineman he has ever been assigned to block (might be Barnwell)?
Thoughts on the Empire Challenge and how he played? (he was really dominant)
Where does he expect to play at Syracuse? (I am assuming OG but they might be thinking of playing him at center)

Norton:

What is the longest FG he has ever kicked? Please provide details...
How does he explain the tremendous power of his kicking leg?
Is he concerned over the transition from the HS kicking tee to kicking off the turf directly?
What are his expectations for his role as a true frosh? Focus on kickoffs only? Compete for the job as starting punter as well? Compete for the job of starting placekicker too?
What is the longest field goal he will kick in a game in the Carrier Dome?

This sounds like my 8 yr old nephew when asking about anything.

Anyone know if this game is on TV? I'm having trouble finding it in NYC's listings.

Anyone know if this game is on TV? I'm having trouble finding it in NYC's listings.
The highly anticipated charity all-star football game will be live on MSG Varsity and streamed live on MSGVarsity.com, starting at 7 p.m.

Palmer looks as good as he did in the upstate downstate game.
Unfortunately so does Morgan. Norton had an 2xps blocked and a touchback. Haven't seen Cornellius touch the ball yet.
12-0 8:43 2nd Q Long Island dominating

18-0 LI at half. As predicted LI dominating. They didn't even let Norton attempt the 3rd XP because the line was so bad at blocking. My observations above still stand I think Cornellius dropped a ball when I was going to the fridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom