EMU Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

EMU Game Thread...

What on Earth was Washington doing... Ball was tipped. Let it go to other side of mid court

Commentators like talking about Villanova tonight

I had 11-2 as my best case scenario non-conference so very happy where we stand record-wise. Offense needs to get better to complete in the ACC but I'll just take the wins this year and be happy until the next game.

Commentators like talking about Villanova tonight

I don’t blame them. Lots of slop to witness out there. I didn’t think it was excessive, though.

PC with a all around good game for us tonight. Going to be tough for him to sustain any type of play like this for a whole season if we can't get sidibe healthy. Really hope he heals up and can contribute for us to give PC some rest. Again not the prettiest of games at times but another win for our young team. 11-2 heading into conference play I think at the beginning of the year we would of all signed up for that! Bow the real work comes!!

Phew...we’ll take it. Much better 2H. I’m a little uneasy heading into ACC play however.
Same here. It's nice to be 11-2 but when you come down to it not many quality wins. Obviously if SU goes 9-9 in ACC play they are a lock for the tournament. 8-10 might be good enough. Virginia Tech at home on Sunday is important. Good team projected to finish ahead of SU in ACC.

VT can really score. I don’t think we can score enough to beat them. I think they lead the ACC in three point shooting. They will be tough and it will take a great effort to beat them. 60 points won’t beat VT.

Same here. It's nice to be 11-2 but when you come down to it not many quality wins. Obviously if SU goes 9-9 in ACC play they are a lock for the tournament. 8-10 might be good enough. Virginia Tech at home on Sunday is important. Good team projected to finish ahead of SU in ACC.

I like your optimism, but if we're 20-12 (9-9) on Selection Sunday, we will be sweating bullets and it will depend entirely on what is going on with the rest of the country, who we have beaten, whether teams steal bids in conference tourneys, etc.

I like your optimism, but if we're 20-12 (9-9) on Selection Sunday, we will be sweating bullets and it will depend entirely on what is going on with the rest of the country, who we have beaten, whether teams steal bids in conference tourneys, etc.
We'll be 20-11 with 9 victories in probably the toughest conference in the country. That should be enough, but if we are 20-11 and one-and-done in the ACC tournament for a 20-12 final record, it might be tougher, but I still think we would make it. 19-13 and I'm with you sweating bullets. Long way to go.

except when he goes on and on about anything other than the game in front of him - which was the case most of the game

Eh, I thought as always he is very sharp and knowledgeable. He’s awesome on Sirius. They went off topic a couple of times but to be fair there was some horrendous basketball being displayed which I’m sure was hard to watch and talk about.

Eh, I thought as always he is very sharp and knowledgeable. He’s awesome on Sirius. They went off topic a couple of times but to be fair there was some horrendous basketball being displayed which I’m sure was hard to watch and talk about.
they can chitchat all they want but if an announcing team can't, at the very least, note who a foul is on and how many fouls that player has, they're essentially worthless - not that this duo was unique in that regard